The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, June 25, 2004

I woke up quietly laughing today.

I dreamt we were in his car and for some odd reason, my mum and sis were in the back seat. And they left the car shortly after, silently.

Once they have vanished from sight, my friend demanded to know why I didn't bother to introduce him to them, or them to him, and I was like ?! Sorry lor, the thought just never crossed my mind and does it matter? So he wasn't happy at all, not at all.

After we parked the car in the basement and walked out to see sunny skies once more, I realised I had left my small, pink (and very dirty-looking)cat pouch and mobile in his car. Silly me. Told him about it very meekly (for he was still fuming over the earlier incident)and he tossed me his car keys, telling me to go and retrieve my things while he will walk on slowly, and I'm to catch up with him later.

At the carpark, I got flustered because I couldn't find his car. I swear, I just can't find it!!! And since my mobile was inside the car, I couldn't contact him. *worries* and just as I thought this has to be the most horrible date we have ever had between the two of us (beats all the ones with heavy silence hanging over us hands down), it occurred to me this was probably a dream.

And so I woke up, quietly laughing that I should have such a dream of us.

*

At any rate, I'm seeing him tomorrow night. We are supposed to rehearse for my meeting with Brenton next Friday.

As usual, I have no inkling of where we are heading.


I'll keep you informed on the details for Sat. Give me some time.


Isn't it just *wonderful* to have someone constantly planning on where to take you? While a lot of times (44%), any date (with him) starts off promisingly and ends up in a spectacular mutual silence, I'm always reminding (perhaps the right word is *consoling*) myself that he does redeem himself quite well in the way he tries to make things different for us. Effort is always appreciated by me and he really takes me by surprise, usually.

I will like to suspect he does this with other girl friends, but it's rather unconvincing, so I've given up on trying to psyche myself into believing I'm not special to him. It's unrewarding and in a way, quite unfair to someone who has never been less than unwaveringly faithful in the last four years that we have known each other. Which is not quite the case for me, since I almost fell into a wrong pit when I had thought he din care. Maybe he had had such moments too, but the thing is, we always bob back within distance of The Other. To the extent, if we never end up together, I guess it will be extremely hard for another friend to match up. You can't imagine just how terrible it can be. Given how we have been and are still covering isolated/relatively unknown areas in Singapore, and have been going a lot of places which I din know exist myself, and exploring on foot, there will always be somewhere reminscient of times together. Like I take the train past Kallang and am reminded of how we trudged once through the plains and river there. How the way to SGH will take me very near Cantonment Road and I'm unwillingly brought back to a scene of potential fuse and great awkwardness. You know, the likes.

Whenever I looked back and reviewed(or admitted regretfully) that I made some very wrong choices in life, I thought of how I would never know this person if the choices hadn't been this wrong, and certain emotions would be pacified.

I hope he finds me just as great. Well, I'm pretty sure I'm greater.

*
当男人能提供足够的「因为」去满足女人的「为什么」时,女人便会爱上他。

In my case, it's happening with a twist. I can ask all my why-s and where-s and how come-s in the world till the cows come home, but he never tells. Just says that I will know eventually and that it's good enough he knows to tell me but not how he knows, and I can just take his word for it.

If one can trust another so, to the extent immediate answers are no longer important, it is probably a rather clear manifestation of a liking of a particular kind. Also, quite obviously, if we can hang out at the oddest places alone, it's a rather ahem, proper indication how far affections stretch.

You may believe that, Ms Angeline Ang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home