The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

A Brenton Ong called this afternoon.

"Huh? You say you are from SingTel?!" Quite prepared to cut him off.

Well, turns out he's from SingHealth, and is in charge of looking into the issues that my letter in the forum brought up and so, supposed to give me satisfactory answers.

Fine. Except I'm not quite sure who this Brenton guy is, and his portfolio. The Internet only turned up a guy with the same name dabbling in HR, who I'm pretty sure can't be it.

And so in turn, I turned to my usual friend whom I looked to and up (but only in the very literal sense of up, I'm afraid)in moments of the sort (moments meaning the abominably unspeakable and frustratingly indescribable. Otherwise vaguely encapsulated by the term "intuitively").

In less than 10 secs after I put down the phone, I received the information. Very useful, very effective, to the extent sometimes you wish you have more friends with immediate relevance that you can tap on at will ("How come you can find and I cannot???" "Aiyar. I just can."), so that you won't have to turn to a particular person. Or rather, you have a choice of not returning, even if the sense of choice is a lullingly false one, since you have never thought of seriously leaving for good, and that it will always be that you choose, never something or someone else over it. It's quite unfortunate that the inability to go is further augmented by the occasional star performances that save many dates and days and nights and ensure a weird continuity of being quietly together. But that's going into a personal realm, so we'll leave this as that. And go back to Brenton, the new man in my life.

He's apparently, if you check on the link, the Director for Quality Sevice. We have tentatively arranged to meet next week. My next blog entry/entries will be systematic reports of what transpired (note-taking of what to highlight to him, to be presented in the best possible light to in my favour to achieve my aims, you know, like essay plans...), my dissatisfaction and disappointment in the service and professionalism of care workers, their negligence yada, that they can't expect patient and family members to keep probing them for crucial information (since we won't know what is crucial and what we are to know), they would have to bear in mind constantly they have to voluntarily and responsibly tell the patient and families what they have to know.

We were not privvy to a lot of important information that the doctor and nurses failed to bring up. It was only by surfing the Net and calling helplines (whose numbers I got from the Net again, and friends). Due to the acute lack of knowledge and the absolute failure on the care givers's part to impart to us these knowledge (since we won't know what we don't know, it's the care givers' imperative to let the laymen know. They cannot forget or assume. As a result, we were unprepared and ill-equipped to provide the best care for my mum. And even calling the hospitals, the doctor was curt and unhelpful, and just tell us to send mum to hospital. So most of these, expand, elaborate, and give excellent examples (no shortage of that).

Most importantly, my intentions ie the kind of results I want to see, esp the short term ieie my mum gets superb care. Macro/micro. What immediate, tangible of solutions can he offer. And before I make the trip down, I'll jolly well make sure it's worth my time. He's to listen and respond to all the shit I took and I shall not depart until he has assured and convinced me what are the things he can do to mitigate the nasty state of things as it is and the efforts he will ensure his staff undertake to pre-empt further and future unhappiness.

And of course. Disciplinary action against Ah Law. Nothing less than a formal written apology and a face to face one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home