The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Let me just announce quietly that I'm online again. Thanks to the poor guy who had to come back twice to reformat my computer. He's gotta come back a third time (though I haven't told him that yet), or at least instruct me on what I can do about the latest hiccup: my sound system is not working properly. The music is played at a very high accelerated speed, resulting in melodies of screeching pitch. Have meddled with the controls, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Anyone knows the solution to this? I feel quite paiseh to approach the guy again...Anyhow, his rates are reasonable, and he's friendly, so if you need someone to fix your pc, you can consider him. He was recommended to me by a close girlfriend, whose ex used to do my pc, but of coz, leaving him changed all that. So, as far as loyalty goes, I have a new pc man (but he's not my girlfriend's boyfriend)!!! And dare I say it, I like this one better.

*

I bought M.A.C cosmetics again. I took up the studio fix, which was a shade lighter, or darker than my last (to be checked) and the same Pink Swoon blush. The crazy thing is, I still have a studio fix and exact same blush at home. Well, having not used them for close to a year, I wasn't sure if I want to start on them. Still, it is an awful waste of money, since the old products were almost brand new interms of usage. I only managed 3 weeks before I gave up application completely then.

I did consider using other brands. Like I approached the Booby Brown and Shu Uemura counters. But the staff weren't friendly, and they gave me rubbish like oooh we can only apply on your jawline/half your face. Hello, I told them I was serious (and desperate) to make a purchase and I really can't tell unless they do my whole face. But they wouldn't budge, and neither would I, so I sauntered back to good old M.A.C.

I happen to have an excellent impression of M.A.C. The guy who did my whole face, without my requesting him to, the last time I was peer pressured (I needed to but there was still peer pressure involved) into browsing the counter. He was very kind, and didn't make me feel at all awkward about my naked face, ie wasn't horrified I knew like nil about make-up and have never tried any before. I din even have to buy anything (but I did eventually. lah)

The girl at M.A.C was all right, hence I bought.

This need and desperation ensued from the respect and genuine fondness I have for my current supervisor. She's a great veteran of show biz and seems to like me too. So last fri, when I bid her farewell and see you next week, she remarked as a by-the-way thing, your face is shiny. And I'm like okay, I know, I'll do something about it. We were both very casual and cool about it.

The thing is, I'm actually happy and very willing making this small change, that's put across very nicely to me, because I believe in her sincerity in wishing me wellness and improvement. So the first thing I did after that, was to grab one of the closest friends in the office to make an instant purchase (my colleague has the same excessive oil secretion problem, except she takes birth control pills to control it, as recommended by her doctor. I think she ought to chuck both pills and doctor. At 25, and totally sexually inactive, it's just nuts to do what she's doing).

Like fucking shit, with my ex-supervisor, for those who knew of the horrrors and indignities that I suffered, will understand my nice my current boss is by comparison. And because I get to do stuff I like in my current job, I'm grateful for the opportunities she has thrown/is throwing my way and accept graciously whatever feedback/advise she graciously gives me too. The previous supervisor probably had some mad agenda to break/ruin me. Boo! I'm Angelinesque, stupid. Which means you will die before I do, if you decide to cross me. Incidentally, I'm living pretty well considering my ex-sup has decided to request for a transfer to be under the supervision of my sup. I had thought things would be shaken up a bit, but the crossover came and stayed without any bangs, so far. We basically just minded our own businesses and the original team is still great, if not greater.

*

I got to scold a reporter for 10 mins over an appalling article purportedly to be for our event, but coverage was terrible.

*

I'm supposed to spearhead an email for ktv junkies. K said he had spoken to G and J about it and I just need to send an email. I reminded that he's the boss of Finance and like duh, isn't it more impactful that HE send the email. He said send lah, send lah and he will reply to my email and roll the ball somemore. Well whatever. The brilliant part is I don't quite know G and I have never seen J before. But. I guess we all have to start somewhere.

*

Thanks to my absolute inability to reject people I don't know well when they approach me nicely, I have a lunch date this week.

*

I heard something about someone I used to know. I don't know what I feel.

*

I'm busy, busy, but bored. I'm given up toying with the idea I might go anywhere figuratively with Someone. To be very rational about the whole bizarre affair, I have redefined him as Someone whom I can look forward to do strange (exciting?) and surprising things together with. This definition allows me to sms with less baggage and expectations, whenever I experience the lull in life and would like to go out with him, since he plans and I can just enjoy without thinking. I don't have to wonder if he wonders, and whether both of us realise what we are doing.

Without thinking. Indeed, why bother to?

提醒我 别再掉进 回忆的陷阱
无论一个人有多孤寂 千万别回过头去

*

I came across this and I was reminded of a person.

Sometimes I get to feelin'
I was back in the old days - long ago
When we were kids, when we were young
Things seemed so perfect - you know?
The days were endless, we were crazy - we were young
The sun was always shinin' - we just lived for fun
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just don't know
The rest of my life's been - just a show.

Those were the days of our lives
The bad things in life were so few
Those days are all gone now but one thing is true -
When I look and I find I still love you.


I wish we could have done a different deal, babe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home