The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Because my computer has refused to die completely but instead, choose to continuously taunt me by restarting mysteriously by itself without ever, ever reaching my windows, I can't blog, or do all the things I normally do when I hit home.

I hope my pain ceases when a friend's friend come over to fix my computer tonight. He better be good.

Quick and super superficial (read: boliao) update:

1) Had free tickets to Spiderman 2. Love it. Love Dr Octavius most of all. So cool. So charismatic. So intense. So passionate. Doesn't matter he's fat and old.

2) Had free tickets to Hello Broadway! Or more correctly, CK got a pair of tickets and she asked me along. Liked most of it. I was thrilled by the rendition of "Anything You Can Do" and it brought back fond memories of Wedding Banquet The Musical with "Stranger Things Have Happened."

3) Hearing songs from Wedding Banquet also brought back the not so good stuff because the two people I watched it with, are incidentally, no longer friends with me (but guys being guys, are still pretty chummy with each other, I would guess), through no fault of mine, OBVIOUSLY.

4) Was introduced to Ng Chin Han formally, and together, the three of us set up the booth to sell programs out of the generosity and kindness of big-hearted CK(!?), who was a good friend and had promised to help when she could.

5) But setting everything in took a pretty long time, after which CK and I din actually had time left for dinner. And CK felt she was morally obliged to help further at the booth and asked me whether I had another friend who would like to watch, coz she might miss the performance. But Ruth left her fone in a friend's car, so I couldn't contact her (and I meant to ask her coz it's her birthday).

6)No thanks to Chin Han and the turn of events, I ended up making small talk with his mum, in Ruth's words, when I recollected the incident with semi-horror and amusement. Coz when I called his mobile, a lady answered and I was thinking it was he, trying to be funny! So I played along until the voice said, he's away with the company to Bangkok. And I'm like, what?! And the voice continued, yeah, he's quite lucky to get the chance to go... and proceeded to inquire if I were a colleague or a classmate. Er, neither? I miss a beat before answering, because it was true I was neither. And also because it was weird, I feel. Then I hesitated again, but added eventually that I was a friend. She told me to call back on Sun but I explained it was all right, I was only looking for him because we had free tickets to a show which would be no more on Sun. In any case, in case those reading my blog are offended, I was asking him 'coz the show's about to start and he's the nearest to Esplanade by then.

7)The meeting with SingHealth went well, I'd like to think. I gave them my namecard eventually, when they gave me theirs. And I gave my best shot where Ah Law was concerned. SingHealth was horrified. Calm, but horrified.

8)CK gave me a signed copy of the Hello Broadway! program yesterday. Woah! Judy Kuhn and all signatures! And she managed to catch the second half of the performance.

9) My big boss gave me a large paperclip standee to prop up important memos from her overseas trip.

10) I made a booboo at work today, i think. But CK was understanding and nice and all. And helped to minimise the potential repercussions. It was a good experience.

11) I am celebrating the bdays of my two best friends at work tomorrow and the other, on another day (the three of us are rather close). We hope to shop together, and get to it instead of just planning.

12) I shall insist on watching Supersize Me and Dim Sum Dollies with my sis. I think she needs a break from caring for mum.

13) My mum is much better, comparative to the period after her first discharge but I believe she could still do with a lot of improvement.

-----------------------------------------

Stranger things have happened
This one just happens to be happening, to me!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home