The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, July 30, 2004

Go and watch Michael Chiang's Private Parts if you haven't caught it yet. It opened last night @Esplanade and will end coming Sunday!!!
 
Opening night was messy and busy, as all opening nights are. But based on tonight's performance, I can guarantee the cast is on a roll, the show can only get better and better and peak on Sunday, and possess the seamless fluidity that emerges solely through 'live' practice before the crowd and feeding upon the energy of the enthusiastic and appreciative audience.
 
I think the hospital scenes were fantastic. I think Timothy Nga was great. So was the handsome Christian Lee who unfortunately had to suffer the indignity of playing a woman despite his rugby, muscular frame. Christian is really cute, even though he's already 36 years old. And in fact, the way Christian enunciates his words in the play and the overall impression he left me (other than the good-looker bit) from the play and in life, was that he resembles a much improved and funnier (and saner and more reliable) version of Hongboon, ha. Really. Hongboon. Like duh. I know.
 
Today I acted like a groupie and got Michael to autograph his books for my colleague and I :) Volunteered to, 'coz CK lugged the books around the whole entire of yesterday and still din manage to nail him down. She  kept forgetting as there were so many things to be done and ended up carrying the books for nothing. So today, I was quite determined to complete the task, and today's a good day, as it is their Caldecott Publishing night, what better timing.
 
Thanks to Robin, whose name isn't spelled Robin, but is pronounced as such and I'm deliberately misspelling it since I have no idea how to either, who got wind of my groupie intentions towards Michael and informed him, Michael came to my table (ie the media table at which one sits and passes the tickets to media and other Very Important People) and signed our books. Apparently he did customise the autograph. At first, I was thinking he wrote a generic something and I was rather pleased already. This is so, as he put " dearest" and "love" :)) How sweet hor. I wasn't expecting this. Imagine my amusement when I realised while we had the same "dearest" and "love", my colleague's read "Thanks for bring Private Parts into Esplanade!", and mine was "Thanks for all the help in exposing my Private Parts!"
 
Hee, I love men with a sense of humour.
 
Go and EXPERIENCE Michael Chiang's Private Parts. It's long, rich, going strong and is value for money. You will be touched :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home