The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Surreal.

Imagine attending the Swarovski launch of its latest OUT OF AFRICA collection in Raffles City as its VIP, sipping red wine and nibbling on African fare (too bad the Swarovski goodie bag did not contain a pretty pendant as hoped, but bathos, ready packed in a pencil with a crystal balancing on its end tip)with the rest of the public looking on enviously at me, I mean, us. This is what the rich and connected life is about.

Imagine braiding your hair on a casual Friday and coincedentally, had to shade seating arrangements for a presentation using colour pencils. I feel like a kid again.

Imagine right after that, being asked to read important contracts. I am a lawyer after all.

Imagine being told I'm to attend every single very, very IMPORTANT meeting with my *ahem* next week.

Imagine that me, mini-me, will be introduced to some international hot shots that others are dying to meet and (net)work with. Okay, I'm quite cool about it. Probably the enormity has yet to fully dawn on me...

Imagine. Me, having an affair with the newly sworn-in PM. Okay, that really din happen hor, not yet lar. But only Ruthie will appreciate this *chuckles*

Imagine. Having a bestseller in your brain. I just have to write it down.

On repeat mode yet again: Stranger things have happened; this one just happens to be happening to me.

*

In my other mundane life, I've been working till 7pm everyday this week. I'm sick and it's full-blown flu today, just when I thought I had suppressed it successfully (for 3 days).

I got a card from Michael about my "quiet determination". Yes, dear. The chocolate cake you sent was quite lovely.

I will be watching Dim Sum Dollies tonight. I lost the original tickets at home, and it's thanks to my sis who went down to Indoor Stadium SISTIC to collect the replacements, that I'm watching anything at all.

I also got a letter from SingHealth and that's really another story. I've actually blogged a long and angry entry about it but my infected pc posted a blank entry. So I shall write about it again when I have the time.

Addendum: Imagine. Having every reason in the world to contact him and I did not. I'm brilliant. Praise me! Lavish encouragement on me! Admire me! Give me a pat on the back!

Imagine. Dreaming that he called to ask me out and for the first time, not actually sentient (the thought just didn't cross at all) that it was a dream.

PS: Can the person who is using NTU dial-up to access my blog please. please reveal your identity? If you shy, shy, drop me an email at angeline.ang@gmail.com - I very nice one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home