The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, August 22, 2004

我想是因为我不够温柔 不能分担你的忧愁 如果这样说不出口 就把遗憾放在心中

Sitting (and standing up very briefly for the whole of Oh Sally!, clapping and moving along to the rousing anthem) through the three-hour long and more concert that had 赵传 and 陈升 and 动力火车 performing their respective power hits to wonderfully appreciative crowds and adoring fans at the Indoor Stadium on Wednesday, I was mostly thoughtful and completely sober, if not sombre. Not even 动力火车's belting out my favourite retro 热情的沙漠 could prod me from a disturbingly quiet reverie, which comprises myself, a bit of history, some baggage and The Image, as I got rather lost in the songs I knew all by heart.

I don't care for the company beside me. I only came because I wanted to revisit some mock sorrows that had mellowed to some thing more terse but real with the passing of a decade and plus some more. I remembered as a baby all too young in the late late 80s and early early 90s, I had unwisely fronted an appearance of worldly-wise-ness and melancholy, pretending that I could understand the many sorrows of some songs.

Now, almost 14 years later, I am contemplative once more, whether are my current sorrows any more mock, pseudo. You tell me.

把我的悲伤留给自己 你的美丽让你带走从
此以後我再没有 快乐起来的理由
我想我可以忍住悲伤 假装我生命中没有你
从此以後 我在这里 日夜等待 你的消息

I read the stupid "Never Been Kissed" article in LifeStyle and was offended. But perhaps it will do to just admit with grace and generosity that I may very well fall into this category.

Do I fall into this category? *Think Hard; Think Harder; Think Most Hard*

How do you define a date? Is any hanging out with a guy considered one? What if the guy likes you but you don't and you still go out, as friends - what is that called? What if you go out as a couple on secret rendezvous without going anywhere? What if you were going out without saying anything major and you called it a day - is that a relationship at all? Do you have to literally kiss and hold hands? What if it just stopped there and there are no dates therafter? What if the other half we were goofing around with secretly thinks we are together (and you are quite happy with it) despite the missing oaths?

How absurd.

The question is, have I ever been in A Relationship? I find this a very difficult question. I always hesitate when I had the grave misfortune of encountering it. It's not a simple yes, or no, if I were to be entirely honest and honourable. Who can suggest undeceitful answers for me?

Okay, if you insist on a conclusive, I will go for no. Urgh. But I have quite enough of relationship-related stuff.

能不能让我陪著你走 既然你说留不住你
无论你在天涯海角 是不是你偶尔也会想起我
可不可以 可不可以 可不可以

I know many of my close friends have Never Been Kissed, literally and figuratively. And I believe it will be all too easy To Have Been Kissed had we decided to go all out for it. But somehow, while holding out for Mr (or Ms) Right Enough to turn up, we have also quite given up on the idea a prince or princess can be found in a world like ours. I know too many less close friends who are contented with Kisses From A Toad. But we are not admitting Toads yet, not so fast, babes!

*

Yes, Yes, I do. Yay, Yay, but I have managed to not to do anything about it despite having all the more reasons in the world to.

好多话想说 好多事要做 请天空给我 请时间给我 再多一点停留
身为一道彩虹 雨过了就该闪亮整片天空
让我深爱的你感到光荣
身为一道彩虹 尽全力也要换你一段笑容够了
我爱你 不必人懂 (只要你懂)

如果你累了 那就去睡吧不要为我 强求什么 爱不能不宽容
亲爱的你 若有感动 请牢记在心中下一次下雨
你能看见的 那道彩虹不再可能是我


Addendum: I have Never Been Kissed but I was Loved; I am Loved; I have Loved and I still Love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home