The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Fools Rush In, Sink And I Watch Them Drown.

One of the things I look out for and love in people is the general ability to not rush into things. I appreciate waiting for a relatively decent moment to slip in, perhaps, that you do know, or to highlight and otherwise. You know, like don't you dare panic and irritate me by stating the obvious, even though you are only very, very concerned about it. It's tough. But please attempt the balancing act of refined subtlety and getting the message across successfully ie let me know! He, of course, falls out of this category altogether. Because. I judge him by capricious standards that are as inconstant as my interpretations of his faithfully bizarre gestures.

But to return to the rare ability of not rushing into things, I think it was nice of Minxiu to let me know that he knows in a very casual manner. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit (Am I, if you are reading this) and it was a independently fortuitous moment that appeared that he picked, but when I read that particular sms, I felt happy, that he knows, and that he is letting me know that he knows, in the kind of dignified way I quite like, perhaps unknown to him.

This might never happen but there was a short, dark period I mulled over the thought, months ago as it first began: to have a short ( and raw for a realistic portrayal) film/documentary based on my personal experience (and my mum's of course) and tussles with The Hospital and Doctors - how the law is just too kind and protective towards them. The only concern was the technical aspect - I have no idea how to film and there's no equipment. That aside, marketing and PR contacts, promo and publicity, sourcing for sponsorships, planning for the launch, I think I can pretty much handle it myself. If my stint later works out, I can even cut my own trailers, which means I'll know how to shoot, which means it can all be a one-woman show! Just that it's more fun to have friends working on the project with you and I won't die of fatigue (He, of course, can be my legal counsel, but I won't necessarily listen to the advice dished out).

There's an easier way out: do it as a play. But I will prefer to reach out to the masses whom everyone seems to know everyone else's sob story about The Hospital and Doctors. And strangely, patients are resigned to being treated like shit, or are persuaded to (It's always like this lar, what to do, just have to live with it) .

The material is fresh but universal, yet controversial.

Anyone wants to join? We can play around with ideas first. Your role can be fluid. It's something to think about to prevent atrophying of the brain and to convince yourself you have something bigger and more important than your job.

*

At 8pm today, after I left her at 7pm, she called: I think you have to think of a radio jingle. I want it tomorrow.

Okay.

There are so many things to learn and look after and run, run, run after.

And there's no weekend 'cos I have to double up as usher for the two days.

I need a temporary separation from my work, but that can't happen till at least early October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home