The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, September 19, 2004

I WANT MY SLEEP!!!

I am working this weekend and the next. *absolutely miserable* Just how tired, you ask. Get this: I'm not thinking about him at all, not even out of frivolity. I just go, WTF. Thank goodness we don't have to see each other that regularly. And then, I fall sleep with nary a recycled thought of, well the usual.

It's rather depressing that I hadn't managed to catch much sleep lately (And it's very telling from hair and skin texture). Possibly a more depressing thing that emerges from the lack of sleep is the realisation that I value my rest, to the extent I will reject a lot of things. Like go for a movie at Tampines Mall, so says he, the relatively depressed friend with whom I'm in it together. No thanks, I will really love to just go home and sleep, says me. Yes, I have lost my enthusiasm and spontaneity, and I dun care shit, just give me sleep in exchange. Same goes for tonight's Let's go to the airport - Spare me, I love you, but some other day, please.

It will be so much more fun to go out when one is less tired.

I hope to sleep more in the days to come. I'm almost sorry to recall I have a dinner date with people I like very much on Thu.

*

Merger of print and TV. The question is of course, for scholars working in the affected sectors, whether they will be discharged from bond service, when applicable and necessary. Will it happen? Cause to celebrate, or what. Does the company have ample moral and economic considerations to justify retaining a scholar just starting out to serve, as opposed to an experienced staff whom it has no prior investment in? Ceteris paribus, what can be acknowledged as a fair decision? Apart from the privileged scholar status, what other factors contribute to everything else, I'd like to know.

They repeatedly reiterate that we are not a monopoly and to please refrain from that dirty word. Ha. In Saturday papers, I saw monopoly and its variant, monopolistic jumping out at least thrice.

*

My ex-nemesis has, in a shocking move, permed her hair most viciously. Coming from someone who was nothing but vile and mean towards me previously, and has attacked my non-conformist hair ie non-straight, non-side parting, non-dyed (in a most ridiculous manner, as those close ones will know), I feel vindicated. Not that I seek validation from her acr, but in the sense she's eating her words. She must know that I know that she knows that I knows.

*

Extremely bad hair days occur when one is sleep-deprived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home