The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Of Vein Hopes, Veiny Obsessions and Vainer Thoughts

My friends, if they are my friends at all, are embarrassingly aware of the profound effects manly veins have on me, when found on a man.

Manly veins, otherwise known as good veins, are defined as relatively long and thick veins that are a naturally ocurring phenomenon and a significant presence on the arms without the male needing to flex at all to create the temporary illusion that is such the bane and joke. No, good veins are etched; they never disappear. They are there prominently ALL THE TIME. Think of them as a permanent erection, in short (but long).

I'm a most ardent admirer of his veins. They are so great, they show up even at a distance in pictures. It's such an open secret, even he knows. I have paid his veins strong compliments, and I suspect he suspects that when we stand next to each other, what with he poring over maps and me peering over his arm, my gaze is focused intently on his veins, on the pretext of reading the map. But he can't confirm, 'coz with our major height difference (almost 0.3m), my eyes can be comfortably resting on where they are resting fondly; the angle is perfect to conceal and confuse, and make it into just, bland interest in the slip he's holding up.

And that's about the only thing I can confirm and affirm for him, my desire and appreciation of his veins.

I wish I can comment and commit more. But I can't, because he is not contributing enough to my being able to read, analyse, and therefore, know. Personally, I suspect I'm falling into the same trap of denial (Hence, it is never enough, precisely because it can NEVER BE ENOUGH) and therefore, underreading, but no reading is also, too "under" when there is no evidence at the top.

At most vulnerable times, I feel I should give him more credit and for being more than Veins to A Very Vain and Foolish Person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home