The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, September 06, 2004

Boring Chronology Of A Day That Is Really More Exciting Than It Reads

I left my place at 0600 just so we could meet at his place at 0700. At the train transit, my mum called and asked (actually, she yelled) where the hell I was going and did I realise how bloody early it is and that I am not getting sufficient rest. Most of all, I was a stupid fool for meeting the friend, whoever "it" was (I had similar sentiments yesterday, with regards to myself, but he had also stated rather apologetically that life is sometimes unfair and the best bits of where he had planned happened to be starting from his area, so I forgave myself for being the sad pushover).

I'm afraid I don't quite have the answers to my mum's easy question. Firstly, I really have no idea where I'm heading, apart from his cryptic and vague "The Woods." Somehow, I don't think replying The Woods will make my mum very happy, and probably get me into more trouble before I even get to see him.

Anyway, he was already there, as usual, before me. And we moved along to where The Woods are, which turned out to be the Central Catchment Area around MacRitchie. Then we climbed to the tower, before and after walking at least 10km, I kid you not.

Then we ate at Fatty's Roast, in the middle of nowhere. Actually he ate; I only drank ('cos I can't master an appetite when I go through something strenous). But the char siew (I had two pieces, from my date's plate) was truly excellent, of the nicely grilled till chao-dar variety that we both like.

Then it was to the railway track (you know like in the train tracks to KL the last time, my darlings? Those exact same ones). It stretched on for like eternity, like before I knew it, we were in Buona Vista! Imagine from AMK to MacRitchie to Buona Vista.

But my companion was surprisingly amicable, agreeable and amusing today, so it was really quite a fun thing, when you compared to some of our more disasterous times together. He was less reticent (or maybe I'm more relaxed and friendly!!!) and showed me his hangouts when he was at RJC, the routes that he used to walk on a daily basis (which was the exact same path we had trodden together then and there). I was pleased that he told me these and took me here. We din know each other then, but somehow, it seems possible to relive and capture something through what we did.

We settled at Ghim Moe, another RJC hangout. I must say my partner is exceptionally gallant today, possibly his best-behaviour day. When he heard I was not hungry yet, he bought chwee kway (supposedly really famous and yummy) for me to share with him (when I knew he's quite hungry still and should be eating more than just chwee kway). I told him to buy something else to eat and that I shall too. I ended up having a bowl of tangyuan in ginger soup. He was fascinated, having never drunk ginger soup before, and decided to buy a bowl himself with sesame tangyuan. I bought another bowl myself. In no time, we realised that I bought a bowl for the ginger soup itself and he actually would prefer just the tangyuan. We should have just share a bowl! We left, but not before he showed where he had his two plates of wanton mee and bread for Saturday sustenance at the market. Seriously, this guy can really eat in those days of folly youth!

We got stuck twice at Buona Vista (at the provision shop nearby and the CC), cos it rained (when it never does before during our long walks) and we sat and talked, which was, to me, something new and revelatory. I mean it's tragic when I have to admit this, but I live in fear of his silence; it has happened many times we were both at a loss for words; and it's only recently that I feel he is somewhat more open. Once again, damn sad, but I'm grateful we talked at all, whether it's sharing or reminiscing.

After which we climbed Bukit Timah Hill, admired the panoramic landscapes at the peak, before moving to Pansir Panjang, during which mid-way I confessed to a gnawing hunger I was finally experiencing! We settled then at Cool Bar, shared mee and nasi goreng and moved painfully (for me, coz my legs were hurting like they don't belong to me) to Labrador Park, the beach.

Me: I'm tired, but it was fun.
He: I hope so.

After which we had dinner at The Boardwalk, and poked at a cheesecake. There was a couple of moments when I attempted to thank him verbally for taking me around but he just brushed it off. I don't think he takes compliments or thanks very well, after which I said firmly to him that I will stop uttering them henceforth.

But we both concurred we must either enjoy each other's company very much or we enjoy suffering, to spend a grand total of 15 hs together. It's a new record. I hadn't realised he planned the whole day.

I think we are sado-masochists.

From AMK to MacRitchie to RJC to Bukit Timah Hill to Pansir Panjang to Labrador Park from 0700 to 2200.

I admit that it's nice to follow him blindly and having absolute trust in my safety, nonetheless.

It's nice to see him carrying new maps around in his bag that he would whip out to check for directions. Did he buy them for me, I mean, the trip?

This is so gonna be a senseless and boring post.

I was happy, then I grew fatigued and now I'm less happy than I think I ought be. Today went very well, but why the melancholy?
A surfeit of sweet togetherness ensues in an bizarre concoction of ironic bitterness and emptiness.

我选择去洛杉矶 你一个人要飞向巴黎 尊重各自的决定维持和平的爱情
相爱是一种习题 在自由和亲密中游移

巴黎下了一整天雨 不想要去证明 也不知道怎样证明相爱是两人事情
我不喜欢你怀疑 怀疑爱是可怕的武器谋杀了爱情
我在这这里本来是晴朗好天气

BLACK BLACK HEART SEND 给你我的心
计划是分开旅行啊为何像结局
我明白躺在你的怀里 却不一定在你心里

巴黎下了一整天雨 休息一下不需要那么的密集
不必每一秒钟都黏在一起
你问我爱不爱你 这个不是个问题
早就说过需要空间才能继续
我也真的不希望你离去
我们就试试看各走各的路

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home