The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Jinx UnJinxed

I shall risk the horror of jinxing my recent contentment (and luck) by announcing that equilibrium has been restored. I'm rather happy.

I have been tasked to do a fair bit of copywriting and scripting over the past couple of days. Very pleased that an ad (written by me, me, me!) will appear early next week in the papers and that the script (mine, mine, mine!!! with wise direction and advice from my supervisor!!) will be used for an event this weekend. *And this is the cue for everything to start going haywired* But there. I have unjinxed the jinx by expecting the jinx. Boo, jinx. Don't you just hate it.

But. Yes. Things I can take pride in and look forward to. *keeps everything crossly crossed*

*

I'm surprised it is already Wednesday. I was, up to 4pm today, utterly convinced that it was Tuesday! Where did time go to?

*

Bad hair days begin the moment I strut out of my place with freshly-washed hair. I need to wash my hair the night before and sleep on it to ensure everything curls nicely the next morning. I forgot the other day and I had An Ugly Day.

This Ugly Day turned uglier when my sister "innocently" asked about the black spots on my face. Like hey, they are of a very light brown and have a proper term ie freckles. Needless to say I was irritated, irritation compounded by the unwitting way she said it, that meant she MEANS IT AND BELIEVES THEY ARE BLACK SPOTS!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

But it's okay. I got the ad and script. I also have gorgeous hair. Hate my freckles? Too bad. I am rather attached to them. Like curly hair, freckles make me feel special, in a good way. Of course, there are then the countless times a sales person attempts to sell me anti-freckle cream to rid the freckles, like the many times I have met with people who suggested kindly to rebond my hair.

I'm special and real; so go away, you stupid clones!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home