The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Dedicated to MH And MX

I have been meaning to write this for some time.

The same day that I met Kah Beng in SGH KOPITIAM, Meihui smsed me , who was, incidentally and most coincedentally, Kah Beng's 4D classmate.

Meihui was also one of my favourite friends during secondary school years, as far as the term "favourite friends" embodies any intrinsic meaning and value for pseudo worldly-wise teenagers, who believe rather strongly that "we will always be together like this - friends forever!" Minxiu was also part of this group that we all *belonged* to. Yeah, camaraderie, brotherhood and sisterhood rule (as we rue now)!!!!. 或者,也许是最初的一厢情愿,但我的确这样认为过。Don't correct me if I'm wrong. It's part of a past I still think about fondly, even though the reality of it can be called into question. I miss the good bits, which was like the first couple of years.

But being in a group is tiring and rather tiresome, unless you really know the people (Like HL!!!). Eventually the group got too big for my liking and I, losing the connection and missing the connectivity, slowly drifted away.

The rest, I believe, stayed pretty much together (saved me!!), up to now.

Of course, there are some whom I'll like to keep in touch separately, but as usual, most hatefully, life and lethargy got into the way. We stay apart for so long that it becomes embarrassing to pick up from where we left (like where, where). And likewise, because we started very different paths, relationships no sooner pretty much degenerated into the equivalent of Hi-Bye friends.

Today, I welcome Meihui and Minxiu officially re-entering my life again.

Perhaps and probably, people never really leave, for absence precedes presence, and for the better and bad, they come back.

This was one of our then favourite KTV chorus-es:

朋友一生一起走 那些日子不再有
一句话一辈子一生情一杯酒
朋友不曾孤单过 一声朋友你会懂
还有伤还有痛还要走还有我

We din understand (much) then, even though we screamed with unbridled passion and enthusiasm into the microphone.

But more than a decade later, it is possible with regret and nostalgia that we whispered aloud, the lyrics, when we remember to sing again.

I still have the mental image of Minxiu humming 爱相随 to me in a classroom during sec 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home