The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

He Knows

Last Friday, out of impetuousity, I allowed the indulgence without my usual hesitation and left behind the confused, layered, profound analyses of what-ifs-if-I-sms-him-now-first. The one sms can do me a world of good, I figure, and so, why not. For He represents Desire and Distraction (and Delirium). Let me prod the cycle so that it may move viciously once more.

Me (even though I'm exhausted to death and I really can do without the excitement): Go out next week?

He (as coolly as it can be): That's possible...

Me: That's rather nice. 7 Oct and any day after should be good.

He: Let you know shortly...

This Monday ~

He: I'm doing research still...

Me: Can it take place at night?

He: Yes, it is at night. Is your mum at SGH or at the hospice already, and if so, which one?

* Now I've yet to tell him about the second operation, mind you. I only asked him which hospice is decent sometime back. Either I have to give him credit (not too much, for it's easy) for sleuthing and putting things together, or I have to suspect he reads my blog. Excuse me, you mean you have been quietly reading my blog all these while??!! Nay, don't think so. Lawyers will rather read money-making stuff, and what's more, he hates my (me) writing.

But that aside ~

Me: *she's back in hospital since her second op two week ago etc, something to the effect*

He: ok, just as well, cos venue is somewhere very near SGH...

Me: Is it a sheer coincedence that we are going there *asking the obvious perhaps, so he ignored me!!! so sad*? What are we doing?

He: Eat.

*Okay, uh-huh, like whatever*

Me: weekday/end?

He: Weekend or day...is to be confirmed...further research required...

*I'm used to it, unfazed, like totally. No longer tramatised or surprised by the mode of speak*

And just now ~

He: We fix it for Fri night. You can either meet me at some place in SGH itself, or at Outram MRT...6.30PM

*I pause, and pause, and pause*

Me: Meet in SGH?? Only if you are inviting for a visit to the ward. Else meet at Outram is ok.

*pause pause pause pause*

He: Ok then. Outram at 1830 hrs this Fri...

I start breathing again. That was almost scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home