The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

I'm With Her

The last two days saw me having lunch on the house at the hotel. I mean, like, this is the good life I aspire to, man, before things in the private sphere spiraled a little out of control and I became more homely and domestic. I was also offered a room to stay at the hotel for the next ten odd days but of course, given the way things are, I can’t. Oh well. Anyway, I swear the roast beef carving is to die for, and so yummy is the black peppery sauce.

*

I was also at the airport for the last couple of days to pick up cast and crew. And hey, today’s Cheap Thrill came from the show manager, who’s a terribly good-looker, whom I only met today. Casual yet stylishly put together and very tall, resembling an immensely improved and youthful version of Dick Lee, the icing on the cake had to be him being of Japanese descent and speaking English with the American twang. I think he’s so hot. I’m sure he is prominently veined, but I can’t prove it because he was wearing a light brown jacket. Anyway, he was the first to walk out and stood beside me to wait patiently for the rest.

How was the cheap thrill provided? You know how there are airport transfers and those drivers would hold up a board with your name? Yups. Apparently some guy was asking Show Manager whether he’s waiting for someone a short while later.

Show Manager: I’m sorry but I’m with her.

Her referring to yours truly of course. Finally, a man who is unafraid to commit to a firm declaration of belonging, and who’s a looker to boot! Got a kick out of it.

I know, I know. Like I say, cheap thrill.


*

Is it wrong to love and be loved like this? Is it all right with you?

Can the substitute ever replace the original? How long does it take for the original to fade gracefully away?
Boo, Derrida!

3 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

You haven't been posting very often, have you? Am feeling my youth slip away from me as I work in this damn office without air-conditioning at 6pm on a Saturday. Goddamn.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For you, I blogged! So tired. I feel like got no life also. But what's a guy like you doing in an office without air-conditioning at 6pm on a Saturday?

And excuse me, I post more often than you ok.

2:14 AM  
Blogger cinewhore said...

Excuse me, my internet connection at home screwed up, so I don't have any access at home... *sniff*

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home