The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Much Ado About Nothing

My supervisor wrote me a dream report. Apart from stating the good truths, she also included her recommendations of what career track I should be placed on and the directives are all aligned with and geared to what I can see myself doing (and enjoying). Life is fair. Sometimes you glower, and sometimes, you glow.

*

Big, big meeting coming up, even if purportedly a casual catching up. I can only ace it. Must remember to impress and request. Have to focus on what I want next to develop and accelerate. Bring up vital concerns.

*

Ruth came back from HK with lots of stuff for me! Ranging from assortment of bags (at least 7 at last count) to poncho to lippy gloss to hankerchief/towel to a espirit tank top and some food (from Singapore :), I love her so and she brings out the gift whore in me. Buy me pretty things and you earn my ethereal (but never eternal, that would take an endless supply of material things) devotion for at least three days.

*

I need to wash my watch. Yes, that Baby G needs a wash desperately. I realised I haven't worn it since that fatal night he commented how much grime is covering the blue.

I need to change my phone plan and I want to buy a new phone.

I watch to watch
(1) 5x2 (Minxiu: Have you watched since the last time you asked me to? Else can go this wk)
(2) BJ: The Edge of Reason (Nevermind reviews)
(3) The Incredibles

I also want to sing 5hs non-stop at least.

I need pants, tops and shoes, more, more, more.

Incidentally, I chopped off my hair unwillingly. My usual hair person gave me a cut that was too short and too blunt for my liking. When I expressed my discomfit and displeasure when she was blowing my do (It's too short; it's terrible, how come like that), she went "huh". I repeated as loudly as I can "My hair looks terrible. It's the worst I have had under you" and she said she can't hear me. Then she turned off the hair dryer and asked me what I spoke. I mustered all might and manage a squeak "Er, I don't think the hair looks too great today". What a fucking coward I am. Anyway, I still feel odd about the new do. It looks retro ie bob that curls up at the ends. Sigh. Sob. I shall assert my desire to only trim my hair and make it stay at a particular length that I feel at ease about. Yes, I want to hide behind all that hair. Anything that's less layered, more blunt and not long enough just make me feel naked.

*

Playing Nurse is very tiring, even if I'm at home all day long. But I do make short trips out to the pharmacy, CPF and NTUC and food courts (da-baoing)

4 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

Have seen 5x2. It is nice and depressing, and made me want to chain-smoke myself into oblivion.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Angeline said...

Amazing. You must be my no 1 fan.

Why does it make you want to chain smoke? Shouldn't you be wanting sex instead?

I read a funny comment on it from a blog:

5 X 2 - It was about a relationship unravelling over the years. It was deeply immoral, even by my depraved standards. The word 'slut' was hovering on my lips the entire time.

11:53 PM  
Blogger cinewhore said...

What? That's just plain wrong. We shouldn't be judging characters, but try to understand what they're suffering instead. Or is that blogger a misogynist? I felt nothing but sympathy for the poor woman.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes it *really* does sound great, especially coming from a 'showbiz veteran'!

btw i got a haircut too. yesterday. she (hairdresser) cut off too much of the wispy bits so now it just looks neat. oh well. it was good while it lasted. and im glad you love me, even tho it was mostly me spending your money :-}

-ruth

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home