The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Life's Little Deep Pockets

Things that cheered me up this week:

I got a call from the HR who can offer me my dream job. It's too early to tell but hey, at least the VP is meeting me to find out more. The person who rang me to arrange for the meet is also someone whom I've talked to with regards to my interest two years ago. She's seen me when I was intern and student. So here I am, still struggling to prove worth and talent and fighting for my beliefs, and there she is, in the same department still. We laughed, and I reminded at least she's a manager now. Conversed in English intially, then when it occurred to me she is who she is, switched with joy to Mandarin. Actually, my Mandarin is pretty intact (have to, since I'm gunning for a job that holds such relevance), hiccups and all. I really hope dreams do come true.

*

Taufik won! I'm sure it's due to the two votes I cast for the very first time. He's amazingly sexy when he sang Me and Mrs Jones. And his moves are sooooo smooth.

*

Getting a really 冷 Singapore Idol sms from someone.

*

Finally getting down to having my jeans altered, watching BJ Diary: The Edge of Reason, simple things I have been dying to do for the past 3 weeks very unsuccessfully. Now I need to get white ribbons and bobby pins to fix my hair and life is a livable one.

I like the movie, and I love Hugh Grant. But I'm more or less seeing a Colin Firth-like (I should say Mark Darcy, but they are one and the same person really, isn't it) persona. Like the unfortunate female protagonist, I'm belaboured by a lawyerised, constipated, repressed fella who will choke upon anything remotely significant and progressive surfacing. But not relevant to this post. And I'm currently drowned in too many new things and people to figure us out. So, moving on.

*

Ruth. 'Nuff said.

*

My role in my current job being expanded.

*

Listening to All I Want For Christmas from Love Actually soundtrack, except I'm hearing it online. It makes me happy.

*

Knowing that Before Sunrise is watchable anytime now that Minxiu has passed me the DVD.

*

Anticipating seeing Minxiu, Shin, Vincent at the hill next week after my meet with VP if everything goes according to plan.

Things that marred my week:

Very unsuccessful attempt to own legally a physical copy of Love Actually soundtrack. Apparently sold out in Tampines. Sob. Must get a copy.

Hearing the doctor, when pressed for an estimation, saying he will be very surprised if mum can be around next weekend.

Addendum: Kaile texted me at 4:37:07 to say he has bought Love Actually soundtrack for me and will mail it to me. That's very love-ly of him. I thought to thank him publicly as well as to announce it in case other loving friends (very likely) have the same idea. Too late! Ha! Kaile has beaten you all to it. As to Kaile, other than thanking, I must also declare that I know I have been extremely anti-social and rude and cold and lately. But bear with me, and it shall pass. That goes for other friends too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home