The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, December 10, 2004

Taking A Moment

Currently taking a moment from the wake.

I'm immortalising the following in my blog:

Ruth has been coming every single night after work (and always calling to check whether I need anything before she drops in). On top of that, her mother came, and bought me lotsa cakes and bread for PR activities. Her dad also came.

My Gongshang-ers came. Zichao, Junxiang, Shiqi, Yifang and Huiting each, on their own, with the latter two doing two visits. Huiting shocked me when she embraced me with tears. Shiqi cried a little when she revealed her mum died of cervical cancer a year ago. Ryan, Kaihan and Weiming turned up in the middle of the night to pay respects and talk to me (we stayed pretty close to each other). Kaihan came this morn again to pay respects and chat. Weiming will come tonight on his own (*surprise!*).

Meihui, Jincai, Minxiu and Qingwei came and the former three will turn up tonight and it will be Minxiu's third visit, ranked immediately after Ruth. Geraldine and Peiyi visited together, while Minchao was on her own.

People whom I barely know/was beginning to know better showed concern. Eric came and that was nice. Shin came and that was nice. Weixiang was in Malaysia and did it through Eric.

Shimin will come for the third time tonight (topping list after Ruth and Minxiu). Qiuyan, Chih Yuan, NUS Huiting, Ezo, Huixin, Shinhao, Hongboon, Abel and Joyance were here all at different times.

Kaile took leave and spend 1.5 days here, even though I din have time to talk to him much.

My colleagues were here.

Philo Grace was here.

Lingxiu was here.

April and Joojin were here.

And did I miss out anyone else? Hmm.

Okay. Just remembered Meihui visited thrice too, if including the would-be one later. And so's Chinyi!

So, has everyone figured who everyone is, in real life? Most people I have mentioned on the blog did turn up? Like Chinyi and Shimin meeting. Everyone seeing my best friend...and of course the legendary He always coyly hiding behind the "he" as you read.

*

I fear I may be shallow, but I'm truly quite overwhelmed by some of your generosity. My best friend, my closer friends, and some, at best, very good casual friends.

If some things are quantifiable materially, I'd do the same for you and more if I could. But may the opportunity to prove that never occur in the near long term.

*

Long night ahead. Apparently I'm not supposed to sleep. Oh well.

Addendum: Very unfortunately, Meihui has concurred professionally with Ruth that Eric reminds of Shinhao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home