The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, December 13, 2004

Driving Miss Angeline

Today was surreal.

Because I set aside Monday and Tuesday to run Very Important Errands, I texted him to check if I could retain an account jointly held by Mum and myself by just canceling out her name, leaving only mine. (A check conducted by myself with the 24-hour hotline reveals the most hassle-free method is to close the old account and transfer what's there to a new one)

I guess it's to his credit, that I consider him reliable, trustworthy and knowing well enough about finances and stuff I'd hate to care about under normal circumstances, that I turn to him instinctively with regards to issues like these. Really, I am doubtful that my other friends will find them of interest.

And of course, being the prudent, cynical person I am, I will still check it out on my own. It's just that I find it assuring to talk to him about it, since he's more than happy and willing. Well, readers, if you think you are up to the job, as I think he possibly could be, please let me know. I know about him 'coz he lets me know he knows.

He says he is in the East now, and that we could meet if I have more of other questions.

I said I'll be home in 5mins (went to the temple).

He said he'll meet me at my void deck in 15 mins.

And then there he was, *surprise*, in a car. And I hopped onto it, like it was the most natural thing in the world. And why shouldn't it be. I have sat in lotsa cars. Maybe it's just that it marks the first time we are actually in a car, and not walking together into the sunrise/sunset. That I felt mildly disoriented in my seat, and he beside me, driving quietly to Siglap. It was rather pleasant - pleasant and surreal. In a bizarre twist, we went past the temple where I was in the morning.

And then, there's the hands on the wheel and glorious veins that I could sneak peeks at when I remember to and I'm not daydreaming away (staring vacantly is a luxury these days). What a *real* treat. And I hope he never gets to read this :)

Anyhow, we made the trip to Siglap and did a slightish bout of walking, 'coz we can't decide what to eat, so walked from left to right and back again. Actually I had my lunch already, so he had a quick one at Killiney before we drove off in search of a better place to hang out.

Eventually he drove us to Changi, this SAF Yacht Club/Clubhouse and we sat by this alfresco place by the sea for more food (he), desserts and drinks (us).

Nevermind what we talked about.

And we drove back to my place and end of story. He left, after I got off, but of course.

Still, surreal.

And it's my guess no one but myself would understand why it's so surreal for something so normal. But no matter what, he's a good friend and that's the way it shall stay.

如果对于明天没有要求 牵牵手就像旅游
成千上万个门口 总有一个人要先走

直到和你做了多年朋友 才明白我的眼泪
不是为你而流 也为别人而流

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home