The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

The Christmas Without Eve

I slept the entire Christmas eve away.

Starting from 2pm-7pm, then 8pm-10pm, then 12midnight to 7am, no thanks to bad, bad headache and bad stomachache that lasted since morning. And I didn't even eat anything. Duh.

During the few wakeful hours, I managed to delete Xmas sms-es (without replying), eat a small slice of log cake and watch a bit of Love Actually to imbue magical hope and sunshine on a lousy day/night tragically plagued by ill-health.

Top 10 Things that were more Xmas-sy in nature:

1) My boss gave me a bag! Very Chinese, in fact, all the way from China. Amazing (that it was from China). She also said she has something else for me in her car. But we din manage to retrieve that, so the surprise will have to wait.

2) CK gave me a bag!

3) John gave me a CD pouch!

4) Too many Marks and Spencer Chocs & their luxurious biscuits covered with Belgium Chocolate.

5) Met someone new, male, a year older, from the Rafflesian family and stays in AMK. Deja vu or what.

6) Drinking some non alchoholic bubbly called Bimbo Strawberry.

7) Getting e-cards from my 2 super cute and adorable HCJC interns (who just ended their A Levels). A year on and they still love me!!! :) Qinyi asked when we are going for a seafood feast and Tingliang also said to meet and catch up.

8) And in additional to 7, getting a rather long email from Tingliang. Which is really quite nice. Reminds of lovelier times I used to correspond with Wang Yun. Reminded me of how young I was then! So young that our letters were delivered by postmen and not via cyber resources. Well, we all have gone through a lot in life since then, haven't we. Slightly sobering. *shakes it off*

9) Realising from 8 that intern has a blog and happily read it.

10) Getting an invite for Sleeping Beauty and celebrating the fact I will be attending it with someone else, other than my usual companion.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh, being able to read here in ur blog that my Xmas sms for you has been deleted without any reply, is a kind of reply afterall. it provides some kind of closure so that i can move on... erm, erm, to sms u again.

btw, i saw eric yesterday, from afar. there was a girl beside him but they never talked. hmm, so i dun really know... hmm...

3:00 PM  
Blogger Angeline said...

my uncanny psychic ability tells me you are meihui.

ah, darling, may be they did not talk because you observed them for a whole of 5 seconds, and they were pausing to take a break from cuddles? :)

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yesh dear, its me. :)

I saw them take 2 consecutive escalators without talking to each other (I was at the top floor looking down). perhaps they are strangers but why do they have pace each other then? mayb they are jus friends lah. aiyah, i tot u would have digged out some dirt about his love life by now. heee...

1:15 PM  
Blogger Angeline said...

haha, but honestly, no. we have never talked about love or *feeling feeling*! just life in general and the good old days in dunman high. so, you probably know more, judging from your observant eagle eye.

for the record, if you see me and my friend together, you may think we are strangers who happen to walk together too. In many ways, we are :X

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home