The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

When Bored Meets Boring

As predicted, this week has been nothing short of insane, so far. I have to contact the media and arrange for interviews, request for coverage, check that we are really in the listings, get the mags in and archive the releases - PR in short. I got slightly ill from trying not to choke when senior press members (thank goodness it's a couple, but still) talked down and explained why it is impossible to alert me at all if they should do a write-up - we are very busy people, as one says. We can't say. Just buy it all the time and keep checking. So I uttered my thank you-s and apologised insincerely and fervently for wasting the person's time and that I did understand.

Yes, surely, that is barely a reason. I'm very busy too, you know. It's a simple thing really, just keep me informed.

Was supremely irritated for 20 secs, and then I was just irritated. Honestly, if I end up a reporter, this is why. Will love to know how it is like at the other end and observe whether it is indeed true, that media can behave as rudely as it likes and people will still be deferential. But I will be a good reporter, polite and efficient and helpful and enthusiastic towards all I meet, aside from reporting well obviously. The behaviour I encountered today is just horrid.

*

A reporter. That's the new track I will seriously consider if the station cannot make me part of them. I kinda din do as expectedly (as in usually) great as I would under less jittery circumstances, so I'm rather unsure about outcome. I came across as demure and nervous instead of my ideal projection - a deranged and interesting personality, you know, ike those wacky Taiwanese variety show hosts.

Not too pleased. Was tongue-tied at the early stage when suddenly told to make a speech on anything and pretend I'm on-air. In the end, I fell back on my first love - Dave Wang and used him as a springboard to yak away.

Argh. It could have gone so well if I were less nervous!!

I'm sorry I couldn't conjure up the craziness.

Eric, when told of my folly, was encouraging. But. But. What he revealed after I shared my desired projection (but I morphed into a shu1 nu3 once mike was opened. WTF) just threw me off like completely.

He: Actually you do talk and feel like the lady who hosts the variety show Super Sunday...
*followed by a chain of supposedly feel good and motivating statements*

Me: *said my thanks, and then zoomed in on the interesting bit* Which female host? Got so many! You don't mean Xiao Yan Jie!?

He: I think it's her.

Me. I remind you of a woman in her late 50s. Brilliant. That does a world of good to my ego.

He: Haha. She's charismatic! That's why she's the host of the show.

Me: That doesn't change the sad fact a single bit that she's a woman in her late 50s and I remind you of a woman in her 50s.

He: Well, looks like the well-intended compliment has other undesirable implications.

You bet! Xiao Yan Jie!!! *pengs* Does anyone feel I remind of Xiao Yan Jie!?!?

Anyway, just for the record, if anyone at all, I will love to remind of Xiao3 S. Not jus 'cos she's really crazy, but for mordant, fearless wit and she has also the determination to die for craft and beauty. See how far she has come in 8 years. Just check out the before and after pictures. She's living proof that dedication and stubborn-ness work. Lovely. And with that, she strutted out of her sister's shadow and proved all those myopic critics dead wrong.

Yup, if it fails, then News it shall be...?...urgh

Uncertainty of the future is getting to me these days.

*

I really like the necklace and earrings and to come, the Narnia Chronicles. Thank you for all your generous demonstration of love for the gift whore. Yay!!! There will be something from April and more from guess where, HK again!!

*

Watching the opening of 地下铁 musical @Esplanade Friday night. Going out with April and Lingxiu on Sat. Next week, drinks and dinner with designers who have become my friends. Not too bad.

*

The hateful sterility of a most singular existence. Learning of someone's fear he may be impotent. That pretty much sums up the past three days.


1 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

Is someone impotent? Or is that a metaphor?

Too brainless to think now.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home