The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Quarter Life

Last year, I gave myself this blog as a present. I must say it was the most excellent gift I could ever hope to receive from anyone. Reading what I wrote again over the past 12 months, I believe I could say in good faith, I have lived. I did not waste my time. Then again, I could have saved time better from various projects and utilised it to greater purpose.

*

This year, it was a pair of ridiculously overpriced Nike AirMax running shoes bought within 5 mins of stepping into the store by me for me. I was that fervent (and feverish and frivolous) But hey, it got me to the gym again this very evening. I did 4.4km on the treadmill, and 4km on wheels. Not too bad for a start. Especially when it's the trying to start that really sucks, and stalls big-time. I still don't get it though. Why's the gymming people all so bloody young. According to the sign in, sign out sheet, at least 60% are born after 85. WTF. Well, perhaps, my generation is all way too cool, working out in California or Planet instead. Me, I just picked convenience and accessibility over whatever alleged hip quotient. If paying someone $2.50 each time can guarantee me running (for my life), I say it's $ well-spent.

If anyone from Tampines needs a running/gym/badminton buddy, just drop me a msg. If you are from elsewhere other than Tampines, and for some unfathomable reason, will love to do your run and stuff in Tampines, I suppose you can drop me a line too.

*

Compared to last year's plundering Chinatown for lost Chinese-ness and essence (via waiting for the firecrackers to crackle, crackle and hopping from one tiny pseudo China restaurant to yet another tinier one with an ex-friend), I am enjoying the mediocrity of today. Nothing particularly of note, saved perhaps this:

Boss and senior sang happy birthday via the office phone, since I'm on leave. We will be forever 18, 38, and 48 respectively. Heh.

*

My teens and academic years have never felt further. To think the latter was only 1.5 years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home