The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

The Trainer (Or - 还有别的办法吗)

After talking to him last night, I was determined (and convinced) that I can pull off as a tour guide, taking 5 visitors from East to Chinatown via MRT. So, that's settled. I shall DYI and congratulate myself at the end of it.

You can do it. The bus-stop is in front of the hotel. I have brought you there before.

Uh huh. Well, thanks for the vote of confidence and for stirring up the stubborn streak of pride. Of course I can do it.

So thank you, and I'm happy that I can release you from the promise entirely. We are free, yippee! Nevermind the injured principles.

Still I need to check out Chinatown, probably on Sunday and the hotel itself.

*

Going to a farewell gathering later. Another leaving the country. Why? I don't understand.

*

Will be able to meet him on Sunday, since the gathering has been brought forward to today. We'll probably do a quick one, since he knows I'm tired, and I know he's starting work in a new environment for good on Tue, and needs the mental preparation. I suspect this will take place in the late morning, so that frees the rest of the day to explore Chinatown in the name of work. I will most likely be going alone - but if you want to accompany me, let me know.

I hope he doesn't upset or distress me too much, since it's my last precious weekend free (henceforth I will be spending most days and weekends doing the shows - even my eve is spent in studios, all the way after countdown and stuff) and I just want to be happy. Unfortunately, he also reminded me it's his last weekend, equally precious. Whatever.

Anyway even if he ruins my emotional health, I hope it gets perked up on Monday night with another, and then another. I can't think of why I won't be, since deep dimples, as I've confessed, are beginning to have similar effects on me akin to prominent veins.

In any case, as with the trouble with Murphy's men (what will go wrong will go wrong), when I'm still less than ideal happy, there's always throwing myself into work and burying myself as another alternative.

Cultivating a desire to fob off another desire. Through which, you wean yourself off any scarily strong attachment to anyone. Is this brilliant or brainless?

还有别的办法吗?

3 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

I never said you couldn't do it.

Anyway besides work and burying yourself, there is always consumerism.

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dimples... hmm.. I like! mh

9:57 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

then you want to join us for the talk?

i'm sure you are aware Mr Deep Dimples will be there
and beaming away. Very charming one okay :)

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home