The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Someday We'll Know

She: We must refrain from chatting in your car when parked under my block. We could well be the next couple found dead in the car and make it to the national headlines. See Sunday Times today.

He: Don’t worry. I have not done any modifications to my bumper to block my car exhaust pipes. My two-year-old car shouldn’t have any holes in the undercarriage yet.

*


Ninety miles outside Chicago
Can’t stop driving
I don’t know why
So many questions
I need an answer
Two years later you're still on my mind

Whatever happened to Amelia Earheart?
Who holds the stars up in the sky?
Is true love just once in a lifetime?
Did the captain of the Titanic cry?

Someday we’ll know
If love can move a mountain
Someday we’ll know
Why the sky is blue
Someday we’ll know
Why I wasn’t meant for you

Does anybody know the way to Atlantis?
Or what the wind says when she cries?
I’m speeding by the place that I met you
For the ninety-seventh time...Tonight

Someday we’ll know
If love can move a mountain
Someday we’ll know
Why the sky is blue
Someday we’ll know
Why I wasn’t meant for you...

Someday we’ll know
Why Samson loved Dalilah
One day I'll go
Dancing on the moon
Someday you’ll know
That I was the one for you....

Open up the world
I bought a ticket to the end of the rainbow
Watched the stars crash in the sea
If I can ask God just one question
Why aren’t you here with me tonight?

2 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

Does your use of the word "couple" mean anything? Freudian slip?

12:04 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

It just means two people in a neutral way? A couple is easier to type and on the eye. But what's the alternative? A couple of people, of friends?? i think that would be avoiding "a couple" too call and causing unnecessary distress and suspicion.

at least i put "chatted" what. i didn't put naked. the couple in the news were found in very compromising circumstances ok.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home