The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, April 10, 2006

最好的时光

It’s with horror that I write I will be going out later with Mr Dimples ALONE.

YQ has apologized profusely about not being able to turn up because he has forgotten he has 清明 commitments for the whole of today. It was a perfectly valid reason, but I was so horrified at the sudden prospect of being left alone with Mr Dimples that I became unreasonably tempestuous. Told him off that it was unacceptable for the last minute notice and therefore sorry not accepted - and cruelly that you, my friend, are not very dependable, are you.

We were supposed to go out as a foursome, with Ryan in tow. And I had such beautiful well-laid plans. Sigh. Namely to use my dining vouchers at some posh hotel and to eradicate (for me) any stressful ideas about Mr Dimples and I through the social setting and interaction. Unfortunately, such cannot be the case now. Ryan has professed an irrational fear of social threesomes, which I know it as an outrageous lie ‘cos YQ and us had gone out as a troublesome three before. But I do understand where he’s coming from, being someone who’s a constant worrier of group dynamics and since nothing I say can convince him otherwise, I gave up and cave in to reality: yes, me and him, alone. Face it!! So, more stressed than ever. Boo!

And so we are going to visit The Library and catch The Producers, the former upon his suggestion, of which I was rather impressed.

Me: Wah. I must confess I have only been there twice and it was to attend theatre productions held at the Drama Centre. Never have I checked out the book selections. I’m an embarrassment to my literary heritage and pedigree.

He: I’ve only been there twice. Both were unplanned trips. Both were for the aircon.

Me: Looks like we’ll be third time lucky then.

*

In the parallel universe, I’ve also been going out with Minxiu, but with absolutely no stress. Haha. I know. No comparison here. We just watched 侯孝贤 ‘s 《最好的时光 》 at The Picturehouse. It was an okay movie, not particularly brilliant, but I am forgiving to movies that pay tribute to youth, nostalgia and love. See most of you at Minxiu’s housewarming party later. Mr Dimples knows I’m abandoning him after the movie but I did say (flippantly, of course!) he could come along to check out a sample of The Bachelor Pad if he wants.

In response to comments from the previous post that “the limbo rock times will be nice memories”, I leave you with the movie tagline:

什么才是“最好的时光”?是那种永远不会重来的巨大的幸福。我们怀念它,不是因为那美好的一刻,相反,因为我们永远失去了它,我们只能从回忆里寻找它的踪迹,这才是它之所以无限美好的原因。

*

In other weekly news, I attended the Grease press conference. I also bought my first ever pack of cigarettes. Went KTV @PartyWorld with a friend and apparently the sheer amusement of seeing me buy that on his behalf is worth $30 (“no need to pay me lah, you can buy me cigarettes”). So I basically sang for $9.60, ‘cos that’s how much the pack costs, which I find to be a decent deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home