The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, April 28, 2006

The Political Is Also Personal

5 years later, with new companions in tow and a series of fresh faces to watch out for, and more rallies to attend (yay!), I can afford to look upon the past indulgently. I was indignant then, that it was all about the bread and butter. What about some jam and its lesser known (and also less yummy) counterpart marmalade, I wondered, and why bread, and not rice. Arts, youth, elitism, and education and some less lofty but no less dreamy ideals were all I could believe in. Nevertheless, I must credit Mr Veins for making me political, as we support different policies - we were constantly justifying positions. It’s about the fundamentals, he insisted and shook his head at my amazement why local politics were so, well, parochial. There must be something that goes beyond these, I looked sadly at him.

Well, it could still be about bread and butter. I don’t deny the staples are important, especially now that I’m older and exposed to shit big-time. But is that a whiff of cheese I smell in the air? Some fresh cream too? And rare sightings of scones? Older, and all the more do I believe there are oh so many ways to live and to lead.

*

So instead of the class gathering, Mr Dimples, YQ, one stranger male colleague of theirs and I are attending the rally tonight.

For all you smart folks out there, no prizes for guessing which one we are going to.

Like bloody obvious lor.

*

I shall end with my favourite tagline: The Personal Is Political.

*

No, I shall end with my best wishes for a friend. In life and law, may you be lovingly entwined forever. Please give generously to the 姐妹团 tomorrow. I know YQ’s evil suggestion. DO NOT TAKE IT UP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home