The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The WTF Moment Of The Week

It's only Monday. But I already have my WTF moment of the week. This is getting ridiculous. I dare say heavyweight forces are conspiring against me.

I was working at Raffles Place during lunch hour today for a bout of promotional activities out of team spirit and genuine fondness for a colleague. Which translated, simply means it was by enormous chance I was there.

Half an hour into the job, Mr Dimples sms-ed to inform me of a primary class gathering for the coming Fri at the usual hangout. My first thought was wah lau, so I will be seeing him twice on consecutive days. Since we are watching West Side story on the immediate Sat as well. But, thought I, let’s kiv first.

15 minutes later, it was a surreal WTF moment as I saw Mr Dimples walking towards me, and smiling to boot.Oh my god, this is not happening!! And I looked super unglam lor.

He: Saw your company logo and I was thinking you could be here. And true enough, here you are!

Me: No kidding man. Why are you even here in the first place?

Mr Dimples, clad in a short sleeved shirt and berms and in Crocs flip flops, was looking very, very good.He was burnt to a crisp, and I was quite taken by the dimpled masculine form towering over me.

And, praise the Lord, are those veins that I’m seeing on his arms?

I’m seeing a lot of things today. WTF.

Turns out Mr Dimples is on leave today. He has just returned from a Tioman trip (which explained the manly tan).Just so happens he decides to explore the Shenton way area on his day off. And therefore, we are even meeting at all.

This is too much. *clutches* My heart. Surreal. Ridiculously surreal.

We chatted for a while and parted. And I was going WTF, WTF internally.

When I ended my stint at Raffles, it was already 2pm. Hmm. I needed lunch. And, yes, so, I called him.

He said he hadn’t eaten either and he’s still nearby.So we met at Raffles City and plonked ourselves at Mos Burger and yakked away.

WTF!?!?!?

Nevertheless, it’s a good opening to the week.

And I just can’t, still can’t, believe I had lunch with Mr Dimples on a working Monday!! It’s like, WTF FUCKING SCARY!! HOW THE HELL DID WE EVEN MANAGE TO BUMP INTO EACH OTHER AT ALL!!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The power of fate just pull people together, dun resist it!

=p
qw

6:20 AM  
Blogger Remus Lupin said...

*chuckles* So sweet isnt it? hahahaha!

9:14 AM  
Blogger cinewhore said...

Jump his freakin' bones already.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

seriously, minxiu, you are too angmoh for me. wtf is "jump his freakin' bones already"!?

May I just worship the tan, the dimples and the height?

May I implore the veins to stay.

To the girlfriends: aiyo. one meihui is headache enough. don't sing same tune can. hmph.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you r most welcome, my pleasure.

1:29 AM  
Blogger flying turtle said...

it's a sign.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Sngs Alumni said...

I think I'm late to the Mr Dimples party, but... uh... fate?

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home