The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Here We Go Again

Well, just as I thought Mr Dimples and I can have a well-deserved break from each other after going out for four consecutive weekends, well, I was wrong okay.

We are meeting on Monday for dinner as a foursome with our mutual guy friends (who are actually more my friends than his). Only moments ago did I realise it was YQ’s birthday, and so over msn, we chatted and talked casually at first of his birthday. Nevertheless, he was thrilled to hear I had a dinner voucher to be utilized at Carnivore @Chijimes. If we dine 4 pax, we get a complimentary bottle of red or white wine worth $60 on the house. Naturally the usual four people were roped in with his birthday as the perfect pretext to pig out. The bill was to be split between Mr Dimples, Ryan and myself, and the birthday man will monopolise the wine.

Mr Dimples: This must be the most expensive dinner I’ve eaten so far, not counting wedding dinners of course.

*V0*: (you mean, not counting the dinners you paid for two people in full? :X)

Me: Wait wait. The dinner can be at zero cost to you. I can gallantly pay your share.

*V0*: (for obvious reasons)

Mr Dimples: It’s nice to have debtors. You do realise that you still owe me tens of hundreds right.

Me: I’m sure your vivid imagination comes in handy during defense simulation. In any case, you do realise some things are priceless right.

*
Yay. I suddenly feel lighter (and damn yoga has nothing to do with this) now I can pay him back. I think, we are, most definitely, just good friends. Which means I shouldn’t be caught up in the reading of signs at all. There is nothing to read.

3 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

But what do you want? To be just good friends? What, pray, does your heart say?

1:49 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

I want to fall with dignity, in understanding, without doubts, or fears, or false hopes, which means I still stand, in the company of good friends.

6:39 AM  
Blogger cinewhore said...

Oh god! Go on, swim in your ambiguity then! I wash my hands of all this!

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home