The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Art Of Flirting

Via email correspondence

Me: I want, I want. Give me, give me.

HR No 2 management: Wah, you want The Art of Flirting movie passes ah? Flirt with who har?

Me: You lor. Flirt already then you give me the passes mah.

HR No 2 management: Aiyo. You flirt with wrong person liao. Go and flirt with my boss.

Shortly after

Via email correspondence

HR No 1 management: Oi you got go and ballot for tickets anot. It’s because of your feedback that we have this, you know.

Me: Wah you accept my suggestion. Got prize anot. Don’t care, I want The Art of Flirting movie passes.

And later – yes – the movie passes to this coveted movie screening (one pair exclusive up for grabs only okay!! To date, it is full house ie got money also cannot buy you entrance) were mine!!!

*

Nearing the end of the press conference, I was left in the room with two male reporters. One – Guy A - was someone I knew for a while from previous shows, and the other – Guy B – was newly acquainted today. We were all around the same age so can talk very freely.

Me to Guy B: Wah so what you write about? How come I never see you before?

Guy B: I review food.

Me: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA so nice.

Guy A *CUTTING IN*: I also got review food what.

Me to Guy A: Wheregot. You only review shows mah.

Guy A *indignantly while Guy B looks amused*: Got!!!

Me to Guy A & B: okay then you two very the good lor. I never get to eat. See *gestures grandly* usually I only get to eat the leftovers, if there are any left. Don’t care, next time you *looks appealingly at Guy B* take me to restaurants when got food review and you *finger stabs Guy A* take me when you review shows, and to the rare random restaurant you claim to sometimes review.

Guy A & B: Okay!

*

I’m bored. And yes, we speak Singlish extremely well. And we lapse into it intentionally, even at press conferences when with the right mix of people. It’s always fun to be beng-ish and lian-ish now and then. Singlish also happens to be a nice language to flirt in. With the lah, lor, meh, it’s very tei2, like the Taiwanese cute-speak what. I like.

I want, I want. Everything also I want. Can.


I''M BORED!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home