The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Hey Jude: We Have Taken A Sad Song & Made It Better

I logged onto Facebook and saw in my Newsfeed that he had changed his non-status to being in a relationship and I can honestly say I am past the stage of caring, not even the pseudo sort that I have a tendency to will myself to feel when I’m bored. And there is no room for boredom anymore. With a new career taking me where I want to go, I am seriously excited about the potential and promise of it. There are so many things to learn and do that I find myself smiling a lot these days. Oh yes, my work is damn great, the place is fabulous and all dignity and passion rightfully reinstated in the most fairy-tale way possible.

I met Jude for lunch on Friday, after an abstinence of 3 years in which we lost complete contact, and of course Facebook reunited us. We were very pleased to learn of each other’s present happiness. The affinity and affection ensued and lasted from common nasty encounters of the work kind but we can so laugh them off now. After all, I have my dream job and he is opening his design firm.

Seeing Jude was surreal, especially in such pleasurable and relaxed context. The big brother he is, artfully combines ambition and passion with laidback simplicity and makes everything look so easy. He says he doesn’t do anything apart from living, breathing design with his wife, and I believe him. He brought along his portfolio (accumulated after we lost touch) to show me and I am proud that my friend is so talented to win those international ad awards. Then I let him listen to a song I wrote.

*

On a quite separate note, I think I’m too smart for my own good, especially when it comes to relationships. So I shall only accept simple applications henceforth. Two complex persons would drive each other up the wall with egos and second-guessing. Now where can I find a 1.8m Japanese look-alike gentle giant with wavy hair and stubble who is always good-tempered and shares my passion for words? Yes, I’m tired of veins and dimples and shall totally delete them from the wanted list. In fact, it would be a plus to not have them.

Jude, radiating zen happiness in my favourite Kuriya restaurant. I love how his eyes crinkle and it's impossible not to be affected by his loopy grin. Big brother insisted on buying me so I shall make him the gigolo the next time we meet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home