The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

@Jones The Grocer

Who needs a boyfriend when you have guys organising a birthday celebration for you, who are quietly suffering the indignity of driving from East to West and back and simply going along with what they think makes you happy??? Oh Mr Dimples, you are probably better off as my platonic friend!! Boo to you. Yay to the men who love me.


Anyway, we went to Jones The Grocer. Sadly, we forgot to do time-keeping and by the time we remembered to order desserts, well the kitchen was closed!




Salmon. Which I dun like. Whic was not ordered by yours truly, obviously.



My tenderloin, which I wasn't very impressed with, having just eaten a very good version from Mezza9 @Grand Hyatt.



Boring. Din even take a nibble from here.



Apparently the driver had some pockets of free time and he shopped at ToysRus in Tampines a present for me. You wun believe his choice. It was more of something he likes, being a tribute to his own childhood. He was appalled that I have never heard of it, much less played before. I will not dignify his choice by telling you what game it is. Suffice to say it is suitable for ages 6 and above.



Attempting to set it up.




The most eager, enthusiastic beaver.



Oops, missed out on the starters. Cheese platter is good.



I love the one on the left more. He braved the cold strong winds in Taiwan on his own to buy me books from Taiwan from that famous bookstore that he hopes will inspire my songwriting. You know I'm a sucker for initiative, originality and efforts. The one on the right helped to dilute costs for the other two: that's his main contribution. Heh.


]
He din tell me he was based in Changi the night we were heading for Dempsey and he drove all the way in the rain to Commonwealth to pick us up (and we were all staying in the East!) after work. He wins the martyr award and another for selecting the strangest present I have ever received.


Once again, with feeling.



Once again, with mock feelings (sorry, insiders' joke for readers in the know). Hey, I just noticed we are very the colour coordinated. But why would that matter.

It has been a good night and I must start loving myself even more henceforth.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the game! It's something called 'Guess Who' (or something along thiose lines). You have to give him marks for creativity :D

woof

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home