The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The WTF Moment Of The Week II

I did a double take today. Was that Mr Dimples’ doppelganger standing before me in the most unlikely of places, in Chinatown Point, at 1.30pm in front of Mouth Restaurant?

I waved feebly and hesitantly as I passed the evil twin (who was staring vacuously and viciously at nothing) and he looked just as surprised by this crossing of paths, this coy collision of coincidences, before sunshine took over and he beamed, and I was stopped in my tracks. Yes, it was him, there can be no doubt.

Like the last time this happened, the chanced encounter had us talking incoherently. I remembered vaguely he said he just ended celebrating a colleague’s birthday at the restaurant before blurting out (and I do mean blurting out because it really came from nowhere – entirely contextless and had me lost as a result) that he will be going away for a week. This is the first time I am hearing this and I couldn’t quite follow because I was also going away for a week (which I have told him before) and I kept thinking he was referring to my trip and was somehow tripping over his words. It was a brief confusing moment before he explained that he was being sent overseas on a work assignment and it finally registered it wasn’t about me (it wasn’t, sigh!) but that he was telling he is not going to be in Singapore from next week onwards. I recovered my wits sufficiently to ask when he’ll be back. So yes, it’s confirmed we’ll both be in Singapore for that short while before it’s my turn to jet off and perhaps we can squeeze in a quickie. By then, we realized we have somehow wandered away from our respective social groups and there was an awkward pause before we muttered something about finding our friends and said our goodbyes rather too loudly.

I’m aghast at how I can’t stop myself from beaming after this. Just because I bump into Mr Dimples? This is lame. But I feel a lot happier than I have been for a long time.

I should be rejoicing that I’m meeting The Male Best Friend today. But there. Confessionally, it’s because of Mr Dimples.

Gosh, this cannot be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home