The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy, It's So Nice To Be Happy

The ability to be naturally, effortlessly, blithely blasé when I am with someone I like is a curse.

And I hate how I forget to flirt.

He: Are you like online now? Or am I talking to a figment of my imagination?

TYS Model Answer
: “Do I appear in your imagination that often?” or “I didn’t know you think about me so frequently that you can’t differentiate when I’m real anymore!” and their various forms are all perfectly acceptable.

And me, damn, I had to pull a boring statement like “I am online”. By golly, how can he tell that I think he is cute!!

Okay, that was Mr Dimples in the leading man role. But it suffices to perk me up and make me forget he could possibly be taken. Mahjong at his place confirmed in the first week of February. Well, at least I get to see his family and room before the erm, potential girlfriend does? Yay, cheap thrill, I know.

*

But even discounting the various encounters with Mr Dimples, for some reason, I’m really happy this week. Could be that everyday is a good hair day. Could be that my CNY clothes are gorgeous. Could be watching Jay Chou in concert. Could be I started my runs again. Could be Huixin’s belated present for me. But it’s most attributable to my fledging song-writing career. After pointedly ignoring the last three demos my shifu sent me because I was busy/uninspired/lazy/tired, I decide that I would write each and every demo that comes my way in 2008. And I was glad to write a sweet and romantic one in under 5 hours yesterday that’s very unlike my usual style. Safe and simple and sweet is good to earn commercial stripes first. No Magnum Opus complex that results in complex stories choking the tune. I have successfully exorcised the 理直气壮ness that seemed to permeate my earlier works. So whee, it does mean I’m finally over you-know-who. In fact, I’m surprised at my own response towards Mr Dimples’ (that is unknown to Mr Dimples himself) confession of “seeing someone else” and I can only conclude from this that you-know-who is really not on the radar, unless I’m trying to stir up pseudo feelings for a story and a song. Anyway, I attended a talk cum small showcase today by Soler, with shifu and her song-writing soulmate (Eric Ng lah) supporting them. And I felt hopeful and re-inspired.


In other news, I’m signing up for a night marathon. 42km starting from 12 midnight onwards. I think I can, because there’s no sun, and that's so not a non-sequitur. Nevermind I have only ran 10km officially in <>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home