The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, February 22, 2008

难道深情褪色对我的好也是错

It's been quite a number of days since I indulged in mock nursing of a broken heart. The novelty has worn off and I'm wary of becoming the cliche (I'm annoying even myself). I apologise to my dear teacher friends, some of whom are Math teachers too. Hey, I'm sure Math teachers are fetching. It's just that in comparison to me, you know, how everything sorta fades into the background, even though I'm already pretty pale myself. In any case, I still have to face up to the fact we are friends and we have to, at least once, hang out in April as the twosome for a musical.

Like what Meihui says and what this article endorses, maybe he wants to settle down and settling need not embody passion and romance, just someone you can consider partner to run a household with and live together. I shldn't be taking this too personally from a quintessentially boring engineer right, especially when I still want my roses, expand my branded bag limited edition collection and live the young tai-tai debutante fun high life attending parties, theatre productions, launches and concerts.

Of course he should have asked me first if I were willing, but maybe my Oscar-winning performance as the smart and sassy career girl who cherishes her independence and freedom and other friends way too much to give him more time was all too convincing. Hell, I convince even myself! I really need someone to pop the question before I know if I would readily give all up. Hypothetically I imagine I would, but yes, it's sad I love playing hard to get such that no one even dares to plunge and ask upfront anymore.

*

昨晚,他说,他在想我。

飘飘然的暗爽,是生命中无法承受和承认的轻。

轻得不留痕迹,轻得令人窒息。

如何说服自己在心里是没有重量,这不过是朋友之间的默契。

我们, 还是朋友。

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home