The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, August 21, 2006

你明白吗

知道这样不行
偏偏继续下去
怎么会有结果
是我想太多

I went to the Biopolis Matrix Auditorium to watch a Chinese play “Snakes & Lovers” on Thu, compliments of a senior. While zipping merrily on the roads, we realised with horror we were speeding back to the office instead of Buona Vista. We ended up following the MRT line from Redhill onwards in a desperate attempt to move in the right direction. Then we couldn’t find the parking lot. We went round the place seven times before we figured where to turn.

Stepping into the building that housed the auditorium, it hit me I was here before when everything was much less developed and while everything else was still fine and dandy. No, apart from only thinking about calling to find out how he’s been doing in times of boredom, I have not progressed to actual action. I think, and I only think, on odd occasions.

I was formally introduced to Abigail and *gasp* I had better seats than Kit Chan!

*

Mr Dimples is so incredibly nice that he can wait 3 hours for me. Immediately after watching the matinee Broadway Beng with him, I had to report for work. So he was hanging around in the vicinity patiently for me to finish to have dinner together. Seriously, I can’t think of another person who can do (and I really mean putting up with such dreadful notice) this. I feel naturally bad about this. Despite the obvious niceness, I can’t help either to feel that the law of diminishing returns is mocking me big time.

It’s wearing thin. It is, it is. 见好就收

I literally bolted from the car. Like serious. It seemed like we were starting on a potentially extensive conversational thread but I wasn’t in the mood to weave. Plus the thread was of a strange colour – on grammar and correct usage of English, which floors me entirely in spite of my mastery, probably because it was weird to talk about this in the middle of the night.

Depressing. This law of diminishing returns. Why, why, why.

需要一点勇气
来面对现在的心情
也许时间依旧
很快就忘记

1 Comments:

Blogger Angeline said...

very funny, woman. nevertheless, it stays a fact, that we only had dinner. he din ask anything of me leh.

let's see if he brings back the painting i like from Bintan and take that as The Sign.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home