The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, March 19, 2004

Once again, I must confess the eternal dilemma between Conceding and Accomodating Vs Control and Conditioning. It's hardly a false one.

When do I show, how much I feel, how happy, eager I am to see someone to the extent I'm hardly un-reluctant to make slightly more effort on my part to go out-of-the-way for stolen pleasures and when, do I feel plain guilty and horrified that I am not exercising more discretion and conceit over at my end than I really should, and say, No, Thank You instead of being a really thankful 很小的小女人 about his yes and "effort" to make up for things, grateful and appreciative that he is willing to see me at this time at all...AND actually sincerely believing this is a Major improvement?

I'm such a wimp. Urgh!

But does the convoluted and complicated sentence before this suggest I'm playing mind games and I really should just go along with seeing my friend, despite the change in day? What's the biggie in accepting his suggestion?

Background to my dilemma is simple.

He: Oh no. I've been told to go Parliament Next Tue.

He: It's a Budget event in the evening. I've done my research already. If you willing to trot down to Buona Vista next Monday, I can still proceed with researched plan.

He: Sorry about this, it came too last minute...

And I'm like, inside my head: But that would mean, if I'm willing, I'm totally travelling outta the way to see him. He's almost worth the trouble, given his ability to surprise and make me happy but, but, BUT, will I be making it too obvious I want to see him? It wun take much effort to travel there (yeah like it's ONLY 6-7 MRT stops? :) but will I be displaying too much emotions and feel to tilt the balance of stupid status quo? Certainly I dun want it to topple on my end!!!

Someone said to tell him let's do dinner in the Central District to make it fair to both of us. But you know what,

(1) I dun want to push my luck. Given he said yes to dinner in his term time...yeah, I know, I'm pathetic. It doesn't take him much to coax me and brainwash me into contentment. But I console myself that I'm understanding.

(2) More importantly, he claims to have a Plan. I do think if he already did the planning as he loves to, I should not ruin the plan (Besides, it gives me a proper reason to travel to Buona Vista, instead of the preceding wimpy one). I'm always looking forward to the execution of his "plans."

As an effort on my part to downplay my crazy, calculative thoughts and to act absolutely casual again,

Me: It is possible with slight effort on my part to travel there on Monday instead. Is it all right to say something of where you are taking me? Fair mah. I travel extra distance.

He: Variety and Cheap prices, yet with some class...That's all I can reveal...

Me: Air-con?

He: Yes, there shall be air-conditioning.

I think we are both insane. But at least status quo is preserved and not against my favour, I like to think.

I din concede too much, did I?

I must conveniently remember this:

爱, 使人不争气,不必赌一口气。

我不认为有风度就代表认输。


Indeed, 我有风度,不过, and here comes another disclaimer that I doubt anyone would believe but they are probably too sick of failing to convince me to argue against it, 我不认为我们在相爱.

亲爱的,我们相爱吗?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home