The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Today, I swing towards flippancy, acting like it's a casual, no big-deal sms that I decide to send.

Today, as I carefully punch in a few choice words that smack of neutrality, I smile at my own deviousness.

Bland and cursory it is, in a mostly incidental, somewhat accidental and by-the-way tone.

I press *send* at the height of my busy-ness so as to totally distract and distant myself from the wait.

Me: Are you gonna be mugging in the law library next tue? Dinner? I've gotta attend a seminar in Buona Vista late noon.

I wasn't sure if he was agreeble to meet. I haven't seen him for, if we count from the romantic dinner date, close to 7 weeks, and of course, we din talk much since. Not awkwardness, just mutual, muted consent, as always, to stay apart for a while, for now ,while we are (or more correctly, were, for me, since I've graduated) both studying.

It was on a whim that I sent, and I was, to be honest, not expecting a yes at all. Talk about under promising and over delivery, I'm afraid it's a lesson he taught me only too well. So when I received his reply, it was a pleasant surprise.

The best thing about him is the steady stream of mysteriousness that he likes to tease me with. Okay, chauvinistic, that he plans everything and doesn't tell me what he is going to do with me or where he is taking me. Still, I'm fine with that. Works perfectly 'coz I feel safe with him and he makes me feel special. When in doubt or when I feel seduced by other men, who are more generous with their time, who call me always, with whom I feel compelled to compare and he falls short then, it's something I try to hold on to and remind myself. Jude says I should believe it's a suggestive gesture of appreciation that shows extra effort and reflects my importance to the man. Yeah, dude, I'll believe. Even though I know some people think I'm a fool, sucker and all for wasting my time. It's okay. I agree with the accusations mostly. But heady times, like now, when it's so easy to stop being sceptical, I can be happy and bask in being lov.. oops I mean, status quo.

I do get sick of asking people or having people asking me what, where to go and end up repeating visits to a mediocre place that holds neither sentimentality nor gd food. He has never let me down, okay minus that incident, which probably doesn't count, 'coz he did consult me and heed my "advice".

He: I'll confirm details on Monday. It'll be a quickie in the vincity. Research required.

Equally, unbashedly natural and nonchalant, he is.

I'm not sorry I caved in to my desire and sms-ed. It's cool that he cued in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home