The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

我不能我怎么会愿意承认你是我不该爱的人

Friday was a madhouse. I was called back to office in the middle of lunch hour for an emergency shoot at 3pm. And then with a “we’ve no time left!”, I was promptly whisked off to the hill despite my feeble protests that I have no ready script. “Do it on the way there! We have to leave office by 2pm!” Quite exciting really, because this is an extra curricular activity, over and on top of my usual responsibilities. Nor am I complaining (I’m seriously thrilled albeit tired), for this is fun and effortless work for me. I’m no trailer producer by training but I have learnt on the way and the 2.5hours passed easily. It gives me a high to see my commercials aired on TV and celebrities reading my lines, just like how entire paragraphs are used in news reports from my press releases. Never mind that only a handful is aware who the author behind the works is.

Returned to the office to do more emergency work *crisis alert* and left only at 8.30pm. I passed out dutifully on my bed like the good girl that I am by the next hour and skipped the impromptu 9pm primary school gathering.

More work-related thoughts: In the case of the suspended blogger, I am extremely tempted to tell myself that’s why I am only one foot through the door. I cannot be a formal reporter and they know way ahead of me why. Yes, that makes perfect sense. I see with clarity now.

*

Woke up today feeling extremely deprived and determined to make full use of the Saturday. Managed to get jeans with diamantes and bras. Total damage: $300.

Watched She’s The Man in the name of escapism and went to 爱情海
for soul searching.

They played many songs that I like.

Incidentally, they did play 童话 and I really, really hate this song. It has this annoying refrain and lyrics that make me shudder. I don’t know why guys like it or use it as an authenticated, meaningful expression of intent, if they do. In short, why this as a theme song of your life at all. I think Mr Dimples loves it too. Sometime back, he texted to insist I listen to and upload it for him. Intentionally or otherwise (referring to both me and him), I replied I like第一次 best. Now how ironically relevant is that, how you insist to read further and deeper.

They sang me my requests 你怎么舍得我难过 and Eason Chan’s 预感

The former was the song that made me see another in a whole new light so long ago.

And I know I have not contacted him despite all my yearnings to and saying that I would.

I can only bring myself to listen to our songs. That’s my biggest concession.

May I think dearly about someone even if he does not have me on his mind?


Then again, with an ego like mine, I must be believing he still adores me in some way for me to even type so shamelessly a pathetic entry of desire.

为你等 从一开始盼到现在 也同样落得不可能
我不能 我怎么会愿意承认 你是我不该爱的人

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate 童话.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Angeline said...

Have you ever liked it?

Did you loathe it only after you displaced your frustration from person to song?

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home