The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Prelude To The Countryside Tales

(Backdated 3rd June)

He: *sounding super hoarse and groggily sheepish* Ahhhhh I just woke up. Give me 10 minutes.

Me: *cheerfully* Sure.

Nothing can spoil today. Like a true princess of the classic fairy tale pedigree, I woke up with all my curls falling beautifully in place, ready to be ravished. And I really mean, ready for adventure. Except this princess was currently clad in Mango tee and Giordano shorts with two of her I’m-trying-to-be-cool knights hiding behind pseudo glam shades at the Bedok taxi stand beside the MRT. It goes without saying the coolest of the knights forwent the pretentious shades, preferring to engage her directly with his eyes. But the said dashing knight was running late, and his white car appeared in the horizon later than promised.

I slipped gracefully into the seat beside my favourite knight (amongst the three) and was charmed when he immediately passed me The Sound of Music DVD. Here, he said, with the voice that had yet to return, I promised to lend you this. My knight is quite somebody huh. He remembers trivia even when he is pressed for time. This also means I’m steadily acquiring a small library of recordings that do not belong to me, including Rent and Les Miserables soundtracks, which I must confess they are just sitting prettily there. Despite his strong recommendations, playing for me in the car and letting me have them to listen at leisure, I have not touched them now that they are at my place. Gentle reminder to self: Return him all recordings the next time.


So much for the rambling medieval prelude. We can start the story proper now, next.

2 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

Do you have any of my DVDs huh?

9:30 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

I have one that you GAVE me for MY BIIRTHDAY (why, why do guys like to give dvds as gifts????)

and there's the Before Sunrise - which I haven't watched even though it's been with me for two years...may i have the sequel on Saturday..then i watch at one shot.

see you on sat. Happy Birthday!!!!
let's get you drunk and naked :)

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home