The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

24 Things You Don't Really Need To Know About Me

I have been tagged by takchek to do a meme which he has changed theme from 24 Random Facts About Oneself to Write A Post With 24 Weird Facts/Things/Habits About Yourself. Here goes:

1. I have a love-hate relationship with my hair. It looks different everyday. It never curls nor falls the exact same way. My hair also takes one month after each trimming session to look good. I’m currently two weeks into my cut and it’s at the in-between stage which means hair is damn messy as it needs time to settle down and grow out.

2. I am a horrible drinker. Puking experiences include once on the dance floor in Double O and in the toilets of Devil’s bar. And I downed only a glass at most.

3. I love clubbing. No techno, house, or trance, thank you. Yes to retro, cheesy 80s, and tops 40s. R&B&Funk, maybe.

4. You know those times where you travel from Home to Point B to hang out with friends and traveling from Point B to Home? I hate those times when I’m by myself, without nary book or music to occupy me. I have a tendency to think too much on these journeys. I can’t simply stone and space out. So I appreciate friends who go home with me, and friends who send me home.

5. I have never been able to sustain a very close platonic friendship with guys for long. At last count, there were 5 such casualties. And mind you, these were friends, who at the peak of their devotion to me, would have done anything for me. I hope with Minxiu, I can break the jinx. And yes, of course it was never my fault.

6. I refused to take up any government scholarship, only to realise a year after signing my bond, that the company I’m in has strong links to the government, and that’s an understatement.

7. I stated clearly I wanted to be a radio presenter-producer and writer for Ally McBeal like drama and I was rightly awarded but the scholarship took me oh so far from my dreams and made me have doubts about my talents.

8. I am an orphan but I have a wonderful younger sister whom I absolutely love and dote upon.

9. I sometimes blame my dead parents unreasonably. My Dad, for dying when I was in JC and studying overseas cannot be an option. My Mum for leaving too soon and making me take on responsibilities I never want. I never quite forgave my parents for being poor either.

10. My life role model was and still is 赤名莉香 from 《东京爱情故事》,At the tender age of 13, I know this is someone whose attitude to life and love I can admire. More than a decade later, I guess I’m more like her than I realise. She taught me to always smile cheerfully when shit happens.

11. I want to write songs for a living and sing at 民歌餐厅 too.

12. I have never had an ‘official’ boyfriend but I had a relationship that lasted 5 years.

13. I believe in Fate. That is why Mr Veins’ parents were the best friends of my dad’s elder brother (only found out a year plus ago)
That explains how another and I were brought together when our loved ones had to go.

14. I am a big flirt.

15. All I ever wanted when I was young was all those pretty - shining and furry - stickers.

16. I have broken someone’s heart before. If you are wondering, yes, I sometimes feel I have no heart too.

17. I am very good at feigning ignorance and be the innocent ingenue.

18. I know English, Mandarin, Japanese and French. But I speak Hokkien like a foreigner.

19. I love Asian features but British accents just so turn me on.

20. I’m mistaken for a Taiwanese or Mainland Chinese all the time.

21. I have a very strong sense of intuition. I feel, and I know, and usually, I’m right.

22. I want to see the world but I wonder why it is a bad thing if I don’t.

23. I am more homely than I like to admit.

24. I think I will give everything up in the name of Love

I tag Best Friend Ruth, Eilonwy ala Beautante, Minxiu, 02 & Meihui .

赤名莉香,你的爱情,终究只是你的爱情。你,还没有找到可以和你恋爱的对手。 人,在对自己的责备和悔恨中成长,学会在支离破碎的生活中寻找乐趣,学会面对突如其来的爱情,也学会享受平淡安静的生活。

3 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

Several things/questions, referring to the various numbered points:

5. I am different. I wouldn't do anything for you. Like how I'm not going to respond to the tagging! Muahaha!

8. How long is one allowed to call oneself an orphan? Shouldn't there be some maximum age or something? Or possibly have to refer to it in the past tense? And you know I don't mean anything by this and am purely being rhetorical like Jerry Seinfeld.

15. What about "Idol Cards"?

4:30 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

Meihui: aiyo then i should have put you before minxiu, cos the others' blog addresses are a secret! you can't know anyway!!

Minxiu: point by point -

5. darling, 'cos we haven't peaked yet what, hahahha! let's hope we just always come very close but never quite :)

8. dictionary never stated age limit but i thought i should qualify because the parents did die much earlier than anyone else's. incidentally, my sis did raise this up too. but it sounds more romantic than a cold both parents are dead kinda thing.

15. sticker obsession was around age 6-8 and i remember begging my parents to buy me all the time!

idol cards was different. i was an entrepreneur. i collect them to sell. the highest prices - 3 gold leon lai cards for $15 and 1 gold card for Nicky Wu.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stuff that I didn't know:
7, 10, 15, 16, 24...
I was also in love with all the furry & shiny stickers!! And also the scratch and sniff ones, but I only had like one of those. Sniff.

and i had an album full of idol cards too, which i eventually gave to a cousin after growing out of them :> wasted a fortune there..

will tag back soon!

ruth

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home