The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Man Enough

Me: I’m so sorry after all the hype but. I have to go Grease with my colleagues. Very, very sorry. Let’s do something more exciting. Have you been to Bollywood Veggies? I want to go there. Have never been there before.

Mr Dimples: Ha, it’s okay. I’m man enough to deal with the rejection. Never heard of what veggie. Can eat?


Me: Wah. Manly and smart is an irresistible combination :) Yes, you can eat there! Even got a scenic driving route to the farm. See www.bollywoodveggies.com

TBC

3 Comments:

Blogger Sngs Alumni said...

I've just realised that the "24 things" list is hard to do because it's a list of "things that you DON'T need to know about me" - not a "24 things you DON'T KNOW about me".

The latter would be too revealing; the former too mundane. I offer 24 things here, since only you want to know:

1) I could eat Milo with anything. I mean, anything. Pandan swiss roll with milo. Ice-cream with Milo. I've even eaten rice with Milo.

2) I want to cut very very short hair once in my life - the kind that ONLY allows you to spike up with gel as a styling option.

3) I own a yoga mat, but don't do yoga.

4) I often take apart electronic devices and piece them back together.

5) I am afraid of heights.

6) I own two guitars, and plan to buy more.

7) I currently do not have a wallet which I use. I carry my stuff in a pathetically tiny handbag, which functions as a huge-ass wallet.

8) I love stationery.

9) I also love art supplies. Bring me to Bras Basah and I am happy.

10) A rather reliable personality test stated that I would be suited to work in the construction industry.

11) I happen to agree with the suggestion.

12) I didn't know about the existence of the architecture faculty when I went into the university. I would have done architecture if I had known.

13) I want to have twins.

14) I do not like air-conditioning.

15) I resent my brother for being the paikia and always doing the "wrong" thing, and being allowed to get away with it.

16) I resent being the elder sister who always has to push the boundaries of parenting, and my brother reaps the fruits of my very hard labour.

17) I suspect my parents are sexist.

18) I love kids, but will not fight with other people who want to pinch their cheeks. I'll just hang back and let other people have their go. Then I'll just hang with the kid. Cheek-pinching is not cool.

19) I rather like United Square, even though it's been an after-church hangout place ever since the 1980s.

20) I am afraid that I'll never grow up.

21) I would like to have wallsex. (TMI? heh.)

22) I believe in an absolute moral code.

23) I believe in morals. (Ooh, can just hear you rolling your eyes.)

24) My iPod is now charging. (bet you didn't know that!)

2:23 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

oh Beautante. you are definitely my kind of woman :)

but

21) simi is wallsex - it means what i think it means?

22) & 23) you own me one more thing since 23 is a subset of 22. now while you mull on that, excuse me while i just pick up the eyes that have rolled over to...there.

so do you believe that law (as in legal laws) should be amoral (free from moral prinicples) or be derived from moral principles?

6:04 AM  
Blogger Sngs Alumni said...

Okay, fine, 23) I have owned three laptops - a compaq, a fujitsu and now an acer.

Happy? :)


And I think that law has no choice but to be derived from moral principles. I do not believe that there can be an amoral law. If there were no morals (amoral or otherwise), there would be no need for law.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home