The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

我只是想要

She asks herself: what does she have to lose.

And came up with the obvious answer: Nothing.

Indeed, Nothing. The payout is small, very small and circumstances can degenerate no further.

Nevertheless, with a sigh, she combed, for the umpteenth time, through that email she had so carefully crafted to detect any lingering trace of disrespect that may have unwittingly crept in. Her anger was not to be misdirected.

Phrases were pruned; sentences sowed, with an almost naïve sincerity to tell it neutrally.

Not suggestively. No nuances. Not now.

Just to communicate a genuine bewilderment, a gentle confusion, lightly puzzled and pained by the lack.

And she hit. The SAVE button.

*

Well. I guess I can always send it when I’m back. Need time to cool off and distance myself from it, and review again what.

I’m leaving Singapore for a short getaway, pre-planned, but oh so timely in the light of current circumstances.

Since last night, I slept, angry, and I woke, angry. I continue to bubble today and at some point just before lunch, I am sure I was positively steaming.

Thwarted; frustrated; oppressed. By a man, perhaps, I know not, yet.

*

Henceforth, I’m gonna be extremely well-dressed (read: jackets and collared shirts, and slick high pony tails). Even if I’m a pauper, I shall not look one. I will look expensive and classy and be irrepressible.


Addendum: I just got news that the original news may have to make way for newer, better news, which supersedes it, like totally! That’s kinda of like good news for me. And I guess it shows that patience may not be a liability. You hear me!!! Had I sent out that email, I could have spoiled all the good that is coming this way. And my senior and peer from another department are doing their best to make me smile. They waved Superman invites at me for tonight, and of course I’m going. And thanks to Best Friend for leaving a nice comment in the previous post

I’m gonna be happy. Boo to evil forces. I will inform you if I manage to finish Middlemarch at one sitting. That’s the book I’m gonna conquer for this trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home