The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, June 19, 2006

What A Difference A Day Made

He: What time can you meet? I’m free the whole day.

Me: It is my moral obligation to remind you that tomorrow is Father’s Day. I’d hate to deprive your family of a son.

He: We celebrated today already!! So Sunday is free!!!

Me: Wah. Okay! Then we can start at 11am.

*

Like I say, I love well-mannered guys. Mr Dimples is as well-mannered as you can get them these days. He calls, and he calls when he thinks he’s gonna be 10 minutes late, in advance.

Today, we

- were extremely colour-coordinated: blue tops, denims and white shoes.
- went to Eclectic Attic for lunch at my recommendation. He loves the place.
- went to the arcade to play the drums at his recommendation. That was seriously fun and hilarious. He drummed to 爱你 and 自由 while I did 爱的主打歌 and 仁者. The whole drumming thing was easy and difficult, in the sense you don’t have to follow the music at all. Just follow the icons that symbolize the beat and hit accordingly. Which kinda defeats the purpose of picking a song to drum in the first place.
- visited the art museum, primarily for Fiction @Love, and strolled through everything else.
- bought my amber bracelet with sea creature charms (it’s mine, mine, mine at last), using his Amex card. The girls attending to me were saying how they wished they could buy the pretty bracelet for themselves but alas no money. Mr Dimples commented their wistful envy was genuine after we’ve left the place. I pointed out they probably thought he bought the bracelet for me and were bemoaning internally why they do not have a rich/generous/sucker boyfriend like him. Just for the record, amazing, Mr Dimples approved of my expensive buy (even I thought was exorbitant). Perhaps I have prepared him amply enough beforehand, and he barely batted an eyelid, and well, that’s an achievement or what
- shopped at Suntec and Millenia.
- bought food for our respective families at Carrefour.
- ate dinner at Bab Noodle and we didn’t order noodles.
- managed to get nothing for him and a pair of cropped jeans for me.


And we finally found the tube of gloss I dropped in his car after the Bollywood Veggie trip. Actually, his dad found that recently and put it discreetly in a (ironically) visible compartment of the car most quietly ie without asking him about it
-_-"

I reached home later than I would have liked at 9pm. The good thing is I feel sufficiently refreshed to face the new work week.


Oh, what a difference a day made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home