The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

因为

If things go as planned, I will be watching a getai tonight. Mr Dimples is absolutely endearing in how he is most encouraging of my sudden whimsical whims, to the extent he is willing to give up watching Singapore Idol, which he is a huge fan of (I kid you not), with no persuasion.

I’m pleased to announce I did not say anything damaging or deterring when the 40 minute long conversation meandered into déjà vu territory. Horribly familiar, he spoke of how meeting on the average of once every fortnight is for close friends (bearing in mind we are going to meet once a week for the next three consecutive weeks, thanks to getai, JBJ & Broadway Beng). Okay, don’t ask me how that came about but I’m sure it’s nothing we should be getting worked up or excited over unduly. It was nevertheless an interesting observation.

So fortunately, I did not put my foot in the mouth.

Unfortunately, I said nothing illuminating or inspiring either.

I merely changed the subject.


*

In case, anyone is wondering, JBJ (part of the inaugural Singapore Theatre Festival) Broadway Beng tickets were fully paid for and not invites. I give all my money to local arts, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home