The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

This evening, determined to be earlier than my friend for once, I found myself arriving 15 mins before actual meeting time, most of it due to bad travelling estimation. I was not supposed to be this early.

Now this friend has always been very punctual. Me, I arrive either on the dot or slightly late usually, no thanks to an awful habit nurtured by some other friends who have no qualms about keeping me waiting (I meet these friends late because they are always late, very late sometimes, and not too apologetic about it. I mind terribly because they are wasting my time and it shows disrespect for the date. Now I make it a point not to go out with latecomers 'coz they spoil my mood so dreadfully). Anyhow, as the many dates with this friend reveal, he is almost never late (not that I can remember of) and this evening, boliao little me decided to make him appear late by turning up early (unwittingly too early though).

Me*half-forlorn internally 'cos I quite mind any kind of waiting*: Sms me when you there.

He: I'm there.

I mean, this really takes the cake huh. Maybe I shall try turning up even earlier the next time to beat his time.

The food wasn't that great; overhyped. But the place got some class; that is true. We sat in the innermost corner which he claimed is the most comfortable. And I pointed out that the cushioned seats are the same everywhere. On hindsight, I suspect, by comfortable, he may mean has privacy...silly me, as usual :)

Called some things on our own, but shared a mutarbak.

*

Because, you are not someone, it's different when we do the same things together.

Because, you are the someone, it doesn't matter what we do at all so long as we are together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home