The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Saturday, March 20, 2004

My eyebrows are well-groomed now, after another facial visit. But I feel they are two shades too thin for my liking, thanks to the neat trimmings. I feel terrible!!! I feel how I always feel after a disasterous visit to the salon, dejected, horrified, and internally wishing all the negative karma in the world descending on the person who dared inflict such emotional trauma. Like too short haircuts, all I can do is to wait for growth. I hope it grows; I heard some brow hairs disappear forever :( oh woe is me!!! *miserable* Which reminds me. I should be going for head hair trimming in a couple of wks or so. Another risk-taking venture. Call me a cautionary conservatist (whatever), but I'm super protective and defensive when it comes to hair. I really cannot stand bad cuts or dramatic changes. But a trim hopefully is safe; the obligatory one to keep hair in shape and prevent split ends.

My brows, I mourn for thee; thy demise, thou art missed. Well, please grow back properly and quickly.

*

Checking myself out in the mirror (inclusive of new brows), I attempt to see myself through his eyes from his angle while he is standing. No comments, except I'm damn short.

*

Went out with someone 1.8m, very tanned, lots of veins, who also reminds me slightly of someone from the back. This person also happens to be 6 years younger than yours truly. That was meant to be sensationalistic so I sure hope you din fall for that. Anyhow, I went out with two of my ex-interns (one of them fitting the description 'coz I was describing him and the other, a very sweet, occasionally saucy, very innocent baby girl) on Thu to East Coast, meaning to bowl and cycle.

Yeah, like you know how to cycle, the reader readily points out. Well, I can't, you are damn right and I have no wish to learn how. I have no wish either to inflict myself on my female companion 'coz the whole bike would just topple over for I'm sure she's very, very light and the balancing act won't work. But my male companion has kindly assured me he doesn't mind ferrying me. So I have graciously decided to take up the offer.

Except things have a mind of their own and refuse to work things the way you'd like to imagine taking place.

Partly was my fault. I set the basis for things to go super wrong. Forgetting that I may be the only queer around who enjoy ambling, I suggested to my companions that we walk from Bedok to East Coast as a prelude. My very young companions, I suspect, not knowing my extreme penchant for walks and underestimating my ability to cover a reasonable distance (reasonable as defined by them) said yes quite enthusiastically. I'm sorry, my dear.

So when we hit East Coast, all hot and drained and faint, and grateful to enter into the aircon place to bowl, shit, the place was closed for renovations. I was never more mortified and apologetic than then. More for myself, I told my young companions, not tp panic, we'll take a cab to Kallang Leisure Park and I'll pick up the tab. We din cycle 'coz the weather suddenly turned dubious and the long walk has quite sucked the life out of my poor baby girl who incidentally, had dance class in the morning. Ooops.

But bowling was fun. I dun remember bowling so well since the last time (2000 Dec) the endless supply of free bowling coupons for a week turned (forced) me into an at-least-will-hit-something bowler. My first game saw me with 4 spares and one strike and triumphing at 103 points. Fantastic playing!!! I also won the second game with 76 points. Amazing. Given my last game with Chinyi and April saw me with less than 50 points on both accounts less than a couple of mths back.

It's great fun to act like I'm only 18, and I'm out with my friends, and all I worry about are academic results at most.

*

I wish I'm 18 only. That would buy me more time to cram in so many things and to change some others. Then again, I wouldn't know him, and a whole other greater bunch of people.

I wish I'm 18 only, and all things remain, status quo :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home