The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, March 28, 2004

There have been sporadic spleens of unhappiness lately.

*

Here're a couple of movies at the Italian Film Festival that I din manage to watch because the people I asked either said no very late, or din revert at all, resulting in the tickets being sold out in both cases. People really should have a sense of urgency and just.stop.swinging. Don't waste my time.

From GV site, Movie No.1:

Remember Me is the study of a seemingly content middle-class household whose individual crises tug at the seams of their fragile family unit.

17 year-old daughter Valentina yearns to become a successful television showgirl and is willing to do anything to achieve her dream. Her naked ambition reawakens her parents’ own buried aspirations and the cracks start to appear. Carlo, the father, runs into his childhood sweetheart she rekindles his passion and encourages his dreams of being a novelist. His disillusioned wife Giulia seeks refuge in her former career as a theatre actress and falls in love with her director. Meanwhile 18 year-old Paolo is full of teenage insecurities and merely longs for a girlfriend.

As a result of a near fatal car accident, Carlo is forced to think about what kind of life he wants. Will love prevail and will it bring true happiness? Above all, how long will it last? Ultimately all four of them are compelled to ask the question: is it possible to start over again?


I'm very sorry I cldn't watch this because it sounds like the would be story of my life. When my aspirations fail, do I end up a mediocre executive burdened by a family who never hears of my dreams and thinks I'm boring and useless? Do I project my dreams onto my children; what if they are not bright as I am (like duh, but I'd die if so)? Would I have get a second, third, fourth shot in life if I'd stupidly ignored/forsaken what I'd always wanted to do, missing out on The Opportunity; would it come my way, forgiving of my pride, naivety and impetuous petulance?

I wanted to watch this because I want to know how to handle my future, when it turns out as bleak. At least, there is something I can refer to.

Movie No.2:

Left alone in Paris whilst their parents are on holiday, Isabelle (Eva Green) and her brother Theo (Louis Garrel) invite fellow student Matthew (Michael Pitt), a young American, to stay at their apartment. Here they make their own rules as they experiment with each other’s emotions and sexuality, playing a series of increasingly demanding mind games. Set against the turbulent political backdrop of France in Spring 1968, when the voice of youth was reverberating around Europe, THE DREAMERS is a story of self-discovery as the three students test one another to see just how far they each will go.

Mind games, 'nuff said.

Even without the hindsight of wisdon, I know I could have easily asked other people who wld have agreed amicably at once to my invite. So why do I ask these faltering parties in the first place? I guess, I din know they would be this faltering, plus, this is gonna sound strange but asking people who (I know) would only too gladly and happily assent to my request sometimes make me feel extremely guilty, as if I'm taking advantage of their kindness, nice-ness and especially, their fondness for me. Hence, I do attempt to reach out to 'questionable' people in moments when I develop this something remotely moral, akin to a ridiculous thing called conscience, thereby superseding my consciousness that screams, don't ask these people who are likely to upset you!!!

My consciousness, I apologise for not listening to you; damn the conscience. But you know, my consciousness, that had I been sentient of you then instead of the conscience (never mine 'coz it's a figment of my imagination, hence article "the"), I would have known there is no such thing and I won't be led astray by it.

Anyway, I feel quite miserable and miffed about catching neither.

*

April asked me to go and watch Untold Scandal with her, then she backed out two days later on the grounds that her boyfriend wanted to watch with her. I hope it's self-explanatory and quite obvious why I'm displeased.

*

I'm supposed to watch Untold Scandals then with a relic, dating all the way back to primary school thus, due to a strange twist that had something to do with me being vaguely unhappy with the people in my life at the moment. I wasn't very sure about this, but when you are miserable, one tend to surprise oneself. And you give other people not so into ur life a chance to make you happy or to see if they may be perfect substitutes...well so then we're supposed to catch the movie next wed but last nite...

He: I am very sorry but I cannot make it on wed...I only monday night free this week, if you cannot and can wait, I very free next week...

I mean obviously it's not his fault, and he left me with a lot of choices, but thanks to the accumulated black karma, I was damn pissed. At him. Which was hardly reasonable but enough for me to delay response because all I wanted, if I had replied wld be to say, no need lah, I'll watch with other people. Which won't be nice at all. But Most-Likely-To-Happen.

*

Not very happy with people and people who can make me happy, I don't want to see them, yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home