The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Every Day Is A Lesson In Mediocrity No More

Boredom + restlessness is a lethal combination. The need to live (spiff) up each day to the fullest is more kitschy than kosher but it is a mantra I hold dear.

This weekend sees me signing up for express driving lessons and $888 poorer as a result.

I watched Stomp The Yard alone for inspiration (I confess to a weakness for dance movies) despite watching 300 with WY the night before. The pecs and abs in Stomp The Yard were more impressive and the men infinitely more desirable.

Tonight, more pecs and abs to be expected in The Swimming Instructor for me to pass judgement together with 3 other men with lesser pecs and abs.

I once said with great angst that the everyday is a lesson in mediocrity. Well, it is gonna be no more because I shall register for other classes. Who is to dictate I have to put up with frustrating mediocrity from an entity of crass and cess. If I can’t rely on You for something bright, I will shine happily in my own brilliance. You can’t block me, baby. And I ain't waiting no more for illuminating teachings. It was the wrong thing I signed for many years ago.
But I can put it right.

*

M Dimples: Hi, was in Ipoh for holiday for the last few days. Not stranded in America lah.

Me: I’m going to places too! Just signed up for express driving classes.

Mr Dimples: I hope that you have knowledge of the sexist views tha I hold towards female drivers. Despite that, I wish you all the best in your endeavour and prove you are slightly different from the bunch.

Me: Alas, there are not enough eligible men to drive the eligible women around. I would much prefer not to prove you wrong so that you can stay manfully chauvinistic but independence is forcing me to the wheel.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am curious to hear about the other classes you will be going for :> i backed out of the sunday guitar class afterall, argh. cos a lot of (albeit nice) aunties and youths and i felt intimidated, not to mention supertired after the whole morning.

roof

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home