The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Totally Unrelated SMS Stories & Food Tales

Thanks to MX and his vow to play the field henceforth which I gather is to QC less and strike more often with the 宁可杀错不可放过 mantra, 我又有了约会的心情 – funny how it rubs off and renders the principled frugality in affection towards the male in question suddenly pointless. Why should I worry about sending out the wrong signals when I truly enjoy his company? In short, why guess and not grasp (the metaphysical concept, please)? There is little need, and use for restraint when I’ve always been exuberant and he knows that.

Me: Hi! Dinner next week?

He: Hi hi. Sorry, I should be not in Singapore next week. Plan quite vague now, but one way or another, I will not be around. Am leaving for US or for the seas nearby. How about the week after next?

Me: This is for vacation right?

He: Ha, Rubbish, both are for serious work.

Me: 没想到公子你三十不到,竟能到美国游走两趟,真令人煞慕。(NB: insider’s joke, sorry)

He: 到美国两次是对的。但不是游览,而是认真公干。

Me: 好吧,那就辛苦了。等你回来再一起出去玩。


Actually I also mentioned that I have signed up for a romantic getaway with Best Friend and will be doing couple therapy so I will also be unavailable on those dates. I certainly hope he reads that correctly: on whom I’m doing couple therapy with. Sigh.

*

Ezo: Hey I got a legal question to ask. You think Mr Veins will entertain? Can give me his number?

Me: *immediately* No. And I really don’t have his number.

I apologise if I sound curt or even higher powers forbid, bitter, well. I suppose it is because WTF, I am curt and bitter can!! If Mr Vein has been steadily ignoring the two smses (both requiring simple answers ie dinner next week?) sent out during the past one year from me, can I say with confidence he will reply to you? No, I can’t. And since I cannot bring myself to call him, I have blithely concluded he has changed numbers and so darling, I really don’t have his number anymore.

Mr Veins is History!!! Over the past two weeks, it was as if a spell was lifted. I suddenly recalled all the horrid things I had to put up with just so we can hang out at his leisure, of his planning and the silent dates, and my stomach churned at the playback. I must have been insane to think this was FUN, SPECIAL, QUAINT!? Oh well, better now than never. This is the amusing cautionary tale that I can tell during stayovers and gatherings. We need to have someone like that to spice things up right.

*

In other news of worth and note, I just gave Italian food another chance to impress me. Yes, I have something against pasta and I just usually go for thin crust pizzas when forced to eat in an Italian establishment. Had lunch with WY today at Pasta Brava. As the name suggests, it’s Pasta Land! But I had prepared myself to eat exactly that. Soup was good. Bread and olive oil below average. Risotto (fine, so that’s rice, cannot meh) and something that’s lagsane-like but with minced lamb instead were okay edible. It’s atas muifan (rice in gravy – a Chinese dish) and dressed up mutarbak, the unworldly couple giggled. Ha. But the desserts were gooooooooooood. I had a Panna Cotta while WY has some vanilla and chocolate gelato laced with liquor which we both really liked. The consistent good thing was the company. Yay!

So has Pasta Brava changed my worldview on pasta? Well, it has certainly made me very full. I shall hold on to the belief that Italian desserts are very yummy. The nicest pasta I ever had such that I slurped up every single strand, though admittedly the portion - part of a set dinner - was a small one, was at Il Lido. Like ooooooooooooooooh. But I shall take that as a one-off digression.

More food fancies on the same day ie today – hotpot dinner at Terence Cao’s newly opened restaurant with Ruth, April & Chinyi, followed by 2 hours of gaming at The Mind Café. I’m so gonna die from overeating.

Addendum: The hotpot was delicious and the winter melon soup base excellent. Terence gave me a 10% discount and desserts on the house. Yay! He so nice and PR. Then again, between the four of us, we also spent $165 even after the discount.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home