The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Happy Birthday To You

彷佛你就在我身边 等待了一年又一年
对你的思念 三百六十五天
我只等这一天 勇敢地把从前
情人节快乐 变成 祝你生日快乐

I blame the recent bout of angst on a ridiculous dream (literally and all too depressingly non-figuratively), the 爱情文艺片 <<生日快乐>> and the sad fact that nothing of note and worth is happening (damn it, it doesn’t even have to be exciting) right now. It’s useless to pass off insufferable patience as virtue when it’s so bloody painful to watch your own life in slow-mo. I hate just how contrived and lame life can turn out to be when you stop hitting the fast forward button and reality intrudes politely to remind you not to depend anymore on the remote control. I’m not gaining new ground. After all, in order to fast forward, there can only mean there are subsequent acts that follow. If I have stopped producing them, there’s only doomed rewinding and repeating of the same scene and sob story. Why be silly and languish in a past past its prime. Actually, why not. Especially if I can write again.

And so the parallel world is created. What I can’t admit, I can make her say. I’m still committed - to tell a good and true story - and hence, the omniscient absence and an utter lack of defense. It was never clear whether the leaving was for good (in all senses of the word).

I LOVE YOU 说不出口的倾诉
I MISS YOU 让挂念代替了相处
瞬间是永远 谈情变祝福 可惜 甜言也带苦

It is all too easy relating to <<生日快乐>>. I understand the simple faith and the sheer denial. And I so get the giving nervous/nonchalant fucked answers to serious, life-changing questions. Like the female protagonist, I would bail but that’s where I stopped. I wouldn’t bawl, no, not even my female protagonist, not us. I wish the guys understand and let us off easier without letting us go. That’s the last thing we want. Between pride and love, choosing the former comes instinctively, but only because we are secured in the latter. Ironic, yes, but not confusing. Nor difficult to comprehend. In the end, it’s the male chauvinist who triumphed, for he had preserved a life-long lie that the female protagonist cling-ed on to to live out the rest of her own life without him. Was that his love? Or his revenge at her opting for pride over him?

I LOVE YOU 是最完美的结束
I MISS YOU 一辈子靠今天接触
瞬间是永远 谈情变祝福 可惜 都於事无补


The closing scene of <<生日快乐>> showed her excitedly tapping out an sms to share her good news with him before faltering and then deleting the draft completely. I will tell him personally when we meet again to surprise him, she announced to her friends half gleefully and half sadly. How many things have we squirreled away and then forgotten because they are no longer fashionable, that much time has passed.

I wonder if he is dead. No way to tell. We never had the constant of wishing happy birthday regularly even though it will not be forgotten.

今夜 有人陪你庆祝
不枉 我一年的孤独
请你 原谅我 不多写一个字
像 普通人糢糊
多一字 多份痛
今夜 我不想哭

Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday To You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home